Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kits will never be reissued?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: What kits will never be reissued? Reply with quote

I'm guessing the MPC kits are a no brainer. I'm more interested in the kits that have been issued since the early eighties. I don't see the ASA kits, The Dodge Craftsman trucks, The 87 model Olds Monogram kits, Or the 88-92 Buick Regals. Not sure if we'll ever see any of the AMT kits issued again. Any thoughts, insights or ideas?
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to bet the farm we won't see the AMT kits again.....wel not anytime soon, they still can be found for next to nothing. The T bird was by far the worst, the Olds wasn't much better. I still buy the GP and Lumina when I find them.

The trucks seem to be harder to find, but I can't imagine them ever being released again.

The ASA kits were to be re-issued a few years back, so I had heard anyway, but for some reason it never happened

I'd say we won't see the COT from Round2 either.
Tom Birky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think the Revell ASA molds were in Illinois? Thinking they were, because I dont think they were ever reissued. If so, possibly Salvinos may have ended up with them. I remember someone asking them on FB if they got the ASA molds. But either they didn't reply or didnt know.

Tb
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Birky wrote:
Do you think the Revell ASA molds were in Illinois? Thinking they were, because I dont think they were ever reissued. If so, possibly Salvinos may have ended up with them. I remember someone asking them on FB if they got the ASA molds. But either they didn't reply or didnt know.

Tb
Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure Salvinos bought most things racing. I know they have all the venerated Monogram NASCAR molds, but I'm not sure beyond that and they're being pretty tight lipped about it. (can't blame them). I forget who, but somebody recently purchased the rest of the molds from Illinois.

I think with retro fitting, almost anything can be reissued if there's enough demand. The MPC Petty Roadrunner is the biggest hangup there. I've been told the molds are just too far gone after being restored to the 1971 'Bird kit. The Chargers would likely need their tools refurbished as well.

I think the saddest loss of all we may never see again is Johan. Anything Johan.
kurth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is my recollection correct that the Revell ASA kits have a v-6 engine? I want to say those kits were really useful to build Busch Grand National cars when they had V-6 engines.

It might be quite a while before we see kits like the Dodge intrepid, Ford Taurus, all the late stage Pre-COT cars. Maybe once they are 25-30 years old and folks who started watching NASCAR during that period start to feel nostalgic for the era?

Which nascar kits are getting hard to find? I know the notchback monogram monte carlos pose a bit of a challenge, but aide from that most of the 80s kits seem to be easy to find on ebay.
sentsat71

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering if the Monogram sprint car molds survived, though outdated....

Have a feeling there will be no new re-issues of the old AMT Grant King sprint kit, bad as it was....

Wonder if R2/AMT/MPC will even reissue the old MPC Super Stocker series.......
Now that they had reissued the old MPC Vega and Pinto modified kits.....

Would really like to see R2/AMT/MPC reissue the complete kit for the Wedge Hauler form 1971.....with the MPC version of the Chevy P/U that had the option for the second rear axle........
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Revell Reynard Indy cars . The 80s March and Lola Indy cars are nearly as common as the AMT NASCAR kits.

Would like to see the AMT Eagle and McLarens again, as well as the Penske PC 6.

The MPC Pro Stock kits of the 70s would be nice to see as well.
Mack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crime Dog wrote:
The Revell Reynard Indy cars . The 80s March and Lola Indy cars are nearly as common as the AMT NASCAR kits.

Would like to see the AMT Eagle and McLarens again, as well as the Penske PC 6.

The MPC Pro Stock kits of the 70s would be nice to see as well.

I would love to see the MPC Pro Stock kits.
"Fireball"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamtheWayne wrote:
I think the saddest loss of all we may never see again is Johan. Anything Johan.

I agree. However, the Sox & Martin 'Cuda was reissued sometime back. One of their better kits, IMO.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fireball" wrote:
AdamtheWayne wrote:

I agree. However, the Sox & Martin 'Cuda was reissued sometime back. One of their better kits, IMO.
The Sox and Martin was one those kits that was just way ahead of it's time. A skill level 3 or higher to be sure, but beautifully engineered.
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Super Stocker Cuda and Chevelle ?
Henryjint

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoHan AMC kits with funny car options - Javelin and Rebel.
AMT 67 and 68 Ford Galaxies.
Tony Mabe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE OLD JOHAN AMC KITS & THERE DRAG MAVERICK & COMET KITS were awesome,loved the mpc drag cars.
Barry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: What kits will never be reissued Reply with quote

Maybe it's just my wishful thinking, but if the molds for the Johan Plymouth Superbird, their Pro Stock, and Funny Car kits are tucked away in a warehouse somewhere, it would be nice to see these kits back on the market. They where well designed, had great model appeal and would be an instant seller considering the prices for the old original issues are nearing bank loan status.
Barry
Ontario, Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: