Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POSTED FOR sentsat71

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: POSTED FOR sentsat71 Reply with quote

Henryjint

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something different - very nicely done!
sentsat71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what has been my main hobby since 1989...Majority of the projects came from publications, that were quite available at the time, as compared to today....Though many can be found online....

These two are created using Plastic Canvas Needlepoint. The "beauty" of that is one cam make 3-dimensional projects,- like tissue box covers....or like I've done here....
These are my own designs....These were done from a program for the computer,
Only reason I have these is that by the time they were completed, these two gentleman had left ITT Tech.....There were a few others done and presented to those parties..

The plastic sheets used for these are 12" x 18"....

Yes, these were designed on computer, printed out, for ease of use....
The only part that was not copied from the printed design and that is the sky & clouds, as those have always been done from what I saw in my head as i started filling in the sky
And, to get the "car" where I want it, tales a lot of counting the plastic bar intersections

And the designs for the "cars" are of the '90's era of NASCAR,

How did I get started on the car design? By tracing an outline of a 1/18th scale die-cast NASCAR stocker....in this case the only 1/18th NASCAR die-cast I have....Petty's #43...
Traced onto graph paper then slowly working it until I was happy....back then, it was all by hand, as I had yet to get my 1st PC....

Sometime I'll have to drag out others I've done, take pics and get them posted.....
Some are my versions of 1:1 cars back when first doing these.....then creating my own "sponsors" etc....

However, cannot use current computer to create designs, as the program does not work with the Linux operating system...... Sad

Thanks for looking in on these....
Jim N

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! These look very nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: