Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

containment seat from Shapeways

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: containment seat from Shapeways Reply with quote

folks, if you haven't dove into shapeways.com to find some detail parts for your builds, you are really missing out. I have numerous parts from Millersport (Brandon Miller) that are awesome, from hubs to shifters to springs to splitters.

my most recent find is a containment seat. comes from CustomDirtCars (a fella named Dwight Carter). best application for this seat would, as the name implies, be for a dirt late model... in fact, from the pics featured with the product, that's what it is designed for. I bought 3 of them recently, they are pretty sweet, will most likely use them for some sprint car builds.

but... I have some pics here that I took. lemme know if anyone thinks the seat would be useful in a modern NASCAR build. took pics from each side and also next to a Gen 6 kit seat, for comparison. I went to Hobby Lobby today and bought a few sheet of thin foam that is self adhesive, I contacted Dwight about a template for cutting foam and he messaged me a page full of them. These would only need leg bolsters (just like the kit seats).

DISCLAIMER: I am not the owner or proprietor of any of this stuff, just a fan of it and wanting to share with the community. Also, the price is $5.75

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: