Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

in stock on Mike's...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooter64

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: in stock on Mike's... Reply with quote

just popped on to Mike's and he has some Stoney's decals and the current Camry resin in stock...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that marvellous and uplifting.

Hope Stoney has corrected the incorrect Jimmie Johnson decals he has on offer.
18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: in stock on Mike's... Reply with quote

scooter64 wrote:
just popped on to Mike's and he has some Stoney's decals and the current Camry resin in stock...

He’s had Stoney’s decals for a little while now. Who makes the Camry he is selling?
JWilcox845

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bangor boy wrote:

What are wrong with his Johnson decals? I’m new to this and was looking to buy a couple because no one else offers them.
Orangeastre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bangor boy wrote:

He does a bunch of JJ sheets, care to comment on which sheet.

I find most sheets are inaccurate to some degree, no matter the artist, or the print method. We all see and interpret colour a little different than each other.
I feel that if a product isn’t right for you, don’t buy it. BUT.. if there is a problem, message the seller to let them know what you see. Maybe the “raceday” version is different than the preview. At the end of the day this is a hobby..
18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoney’s is decent stuff. He fills a huge void in decals with the stuff he produces. The only thing I don’t care for about his decals is that they aren’t die cut (much like old Fred Cady stuff was)... which is no big deal at all.
JWilcox845

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had messaged Jason Stoney directly and asked about incorrect Johnson decals. He was unaware of any inaccuracies but said he would be happy to clean them up if one was discovered. I went ahead ordering a couple to try. Bangorboy, can you please elaborate for me what is wrong?
bangor boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoney quite likes JJ, so one assumes he'd take the greatest care for a favored driver.

But his decal sheet of Johnson's 2013 Lowe's Daytona winner - and eventual championship winning - car has inaccurate roof numbers and graphics, missing black drop shadows on the numbers and incorrectly placing the stripes:

And here's the car:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: