Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let's have a little poll, about future kits from Salvinos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR wrote:
Biggest gap to me are the Monte Carlo in the mid to late 70's tons of them were raced
You're in luck then. The 1974 to 1977 Monte comes out in a couple months. Smile
MahoneDesign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how bout a '89-'95 ARCA Chrysler LeBaron?
Mack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MahoneDesign wrote:
how bout a '89-'95 ARCA Chrysler LeBaron?

Now there's a great idea. I've seen one of those built using an AMT Lumina as a starting point. Turned out sweet. Be cool to have one in plastic.
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat thread except for the crap about Dave. Anything I would want has been covered except for a Lemans/Grand Am that just about every LMS/Busch GN team used in the early 80s. Other than that I’ll take at least one of everything mentioned above!!!!!! (This despite the tons of money I’ve wasted on rather crappy resin substitutes.) Laughing
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like the 78 Dodge, 67 Cougar and modern Craftsman Trucks
Bill
Mack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1969 "W" nose Mercury Cyclone would be nice. The chassis would be a piece of cake since the Polar Lights chassis is readily available.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been very informative! Thanks to all you guys who've posted, if you haven't yet get in here!

The thread has been forwarded to Jim and Rick. They were quite pleased at what they saw. I don't know what that means, but the front runners, which seem to be the Magnum, 2+2 and any Mopar from about 1970 to 1980 were discussed briefly. SO MANY other great suggestions too.

Now here's the kicker. They have a contact e-mail and a phone number on their site and are very welcoming. So, considering they are extremely busy (I don't think Jim sleeps, true story), feel free to contact them yourselves and make your wishes known. Just remember to be polite (I don't have to tell you guys) and be as brief and succinct as possible. Trust me, if you're on the phone for half an hour it's likely because of Jim.

Regarding other racing venues, they have plans to get into many facets of racing in the future so start giving them those suggestions as well.

They WANT a database to keep track of. They want numbers to follow. The percentage is in our favor for once. Let's use it without abuse and many more plastic dreams may come true.

Again, thanks to all the awesome suggestions, and a special thanks to the mods for riding herd so well! (I'm guessing it's akin to herding cats?)
Orangeastre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they do what is right for the future of Salvino’s. A vocal minority does not always equal an accurate market poll. Especially with the anonymous nature of the internet, where multiple people can be the same people.

No accusations, not throwing shade at anyone, just voicing my opinion.
jim unger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kits that I would like to see are:
1. 1973 Chevelle
2. 1977-79 Ford T-Bird
3. 1976 Mercury Montigo

Jim
Petty/Wood Brothers tribute
GMP440

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Possible nascar subjects Reply with quote

#99 Paul Goldsmith 68 Coronet R/T Frosty Morn Meats car.
Ed Billing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to just throw a few suggestions into the ring. Mine are based on the 80s tooling the has been purchased. Some of these are based on the Busch series cars of the era. I know the wheelbase was 112 on the Busch cars and 110 on the cup cars. I also know we had a car that could race in either series, be moving the rear axle forward or back. Personally, the difference is not a huge deal as long as the body looks good on the chassis.
81-86 Olds Cutlass, 81-86 Chevy Malibu, 81-82 Flat nose Monte Carlo, 81-84 Pontiac Lemans and Grand Am, 86-87 Gran Prix and an 86-87 Buick LeSabre. A good 83-86 Thunderbird.
The Busch series only cars are all of the X bodies, The Nova, Ventura, Omega, and Apollo. A Ford Futura and Granada would be great but limited to a few versions.
Just my ideas of what I would like to see. Very Happy
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chitownbri wrote:
'86 pontiac 2+2
'81 olds cutlass
'81 chevy malibu

It's like you read my mind!!! Laughing

Wouldn't mind seeing a LeBaron from ARCA.

Henryjint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New Salvino ideas. Reply with quote

Djaustinj53 wrote:
I know it would only model one car, but I would love to see the original Penske Matador.

I agree - the original 'Brick" Matador

Also 'W' Nose Mercury
Pontiac 2+2
Henryjint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New Salvino ideas. Reply with quote

Djaustinj53 wrote:
I know it would only model one car, but I would love to see the original Penske Matador.

I agree - the original 'Brick" Matador

Also 'W' Nose Mercury
Pontiac 2+2

Sorry guys for the dupe msg! Embarassed

Last edited by Henryjint on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:02 am; edited 2 times in total
transam455superduty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top 3 choices are:

1977 Thunderbird
1986-87 Grand Prix
1995 Grand Prix

I also would like to see a good 1983-86 Thunderbird (if my memory serves me well, in 1986 it has a different front bumper).

Thanks!
Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Busch Cars Reply with quote

i wish Busch Series cars

kit of the 78? Chevrolet Nova include 3 fronts to built also the

Buick Apollo
Pontiac Ventura
Oldsmobile Omega
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone brought up a 1982(?) Malibu/Chevelle??? Matcis won in one.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
Has anyone brought up a 1982(?) Malibu/Chevelle??? Matcis won in one.

Yep -- It's been mentioned often. Considering that the 1981 Malibu and 1981 LeMans ( another favorite mention ) shared most bodywork, a common basic body shell could be tooled up, with separate sprues for the Malibu hood, ( adding the grille & exposed bumpers to the chrome sprue ), and a LeMans nose, hood, and rear bumper cap. Very Happy
Styrene Stocker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Kits from Salvinos Reply with quote

Would love to see'73 Chevelle, '71 & '73 Chargers for starters...after that I could go on and on. Very expensive to get either one of these at this time. Ron
DarylH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'71 Plymouth please;
Petty and Baker, Lorenzen, Pete Hamilton, Dick Brooks, Arrington, even Cale got some seat time in a Ray Fox Plymouth.
I grow tired of seeing them at collector prices.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarylH wrote:
'71 Plymouth please;
Petty and Baker, Lorenzen, Pete Hamilton, Dick Brooks, Arrington, even Cale got some seat time in a Ray Fox Plymouth.
I grow tired of seeing them at collector prices.

Hershel McGriff and Dick Bown also ran the 1971 Plymouth in Winston West.
Northeasthawk05

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the 80's era stock cars done. They are rather pricey on ebay. To keep costs down how about generic kits without the decals. As mentioned before a Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 kit would be nice. This may have been brought up before so my apologies but how about a highly detailed kit. Yes, I know, expensive kits, but I think there is a niche market there. Rye Field and Takom have released full interior armor kits with different build options and have done very well. At least they sell out quickly. A nascar model in either 1/24 or 1/16 scale with all the bells and whistles would be a good seller. Photo etch parts, wiring and plumbing, high detail gauges, fuel lines, etc etc. would be nice to find in a kit rather than relying on buying all the stuff separately. Keeping it a limited editon or run would sell I think. Or you could release a base kit for the modeler who doesn't want to spend 60 to 70 bucks for a kit and release a premium kit for the modeler who would be willing to spend that much. Just an idea.

Eric
Jim N

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northeasthawk05 wrote:
I'd like to see the 80's era stock cars done. They are rather pricey on ebay. To keep costs down how about generic kits without the decals. As mentioned before a Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 kit would be nice. This may have been brought up before so my apologies but how about a highly detailed kit. Yes, I know, expensive kits, but I think there is a niche market there. Rye Field and Takom have released full interior armor kits with different build options and have done very well. At least they sell out quickly. A nascar model in either 1/24 or 1/16 scale with all the bells and whistles would be a good seller. Photo etch parts, wiring and plumbing, high detail gauges, fuel lines, etc etc. would be nice to find in a kit rather than relying on buying all the stuff separately. Keeping it a limited editon or run would sell I think. Or you could release a base kit for the modeler who doesn't want to spend 60 to 70 bucks for a kit and release a premium kit for the modeler who would be willing to spend that much. Just an idea.

Eric

Since Salvino's now have the molds for the 80's and 90's Monogram NASCAR kits, they only have to create the bodies. This should help out tremendously.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: