Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone on here shop at Shapeways? UPDATED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: anyone on here shop at Shapeways? UPDATED Reply with quote

I recently discovered a creator on shapeways.com that does a bunch of neat stuff for NASCAR builds, specifically splitters. the first one that he did will have to be shaved down, but the superspeedway one looks to fit great and there is one that appears to be updated and not needing to be cut down. I got some splitters and also ordered some superspeedway style exhaust pipes from the 90's and a "modern" shifter. think the next product I will try is the "bullet"-looking hubs. I will link the collection below... also, since I didn't mention it before, the stuff is 3D printed.

***disclaimer***
I am not the seller/creator of this stuff, nor is he paying me a kickback for this post or any promotion... I just think it's neat, quality stuff, that I am using and/or gonna use for future builds

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=millersport

Last edited by 18degrees on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reyst

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Stuff for sure. I’ve purchased most of the parts and have Zero complaints. The man behind that store is a former member here. Definitely check it out.
HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, B does very nice work. I can't wait to get some money saved up, he's going to love me Laughing. As 18 said, not getting a dime for anything, but, his product is top notch and very well priced for those that want to do detailed builds.
Richmond purple Uno Buick (done)
Andretti Carfax Impala
LePage Patron Charger
Green Timberwolf Monte
150+ other NASCAR kits
18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's some pics of completed builds that I went back and cut off the kit exhaust and added some of Millersport's superspeedway exhaust. sorry for the poor pics, took them with my phone...

here is what the individual pieces look like

on an Earnhardt MC

and on a Schrader Bud MC

they are molded hollow for the realism, that isn't black paint in there. these are going to go on all my 90's builds.
18degrees

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: tried out the bullet hubs Reply with quote

decided to make one of my unassigned-to-a-set-of-decals $10 Danica kits into a "guinea pig" car that I could experiment with, mainly for stance stuff. got another load from Shapeways with the hubs, so I took a wheel from the guinea pig kit and dolled it up, Penske style (even though none of them use black wheels Shocked ). the hub was drilled out, from the back to the front, with a 3/32 bit, and then the front was cleaned up a bit and I had to take a hobby knife and, as we say around here, "waller it out a bit" for the hub to fit. started out painting the hub with Metalizer stainless steel, then went to Metalizer aluminum plate, then ended up using Testors chrome - all because I didn't think each coat was light enough compared to the real ones.

now, the only question is what to do with that wheel?
HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your wife has pretty fingers Laughing. To answer your question: make 3 more and don't waste those nice looking wheels/hubs on a Danica build. as a matter of fact, make 3 more and ship them to me, I can find a car and put them to good use. That hub looks awesome, I can't wait to save up some money and get some of those parts, he does a great job.
Richmond purple Uno Buick (done)
Andretti Carfax Impala
LePage Patron Charger
Green Timberwolf Monte
150+ other NASCAR kits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: