Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Found this on Mike's decals Facebook page

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Found this on Mike's decals Facebook page Reply with quote

It is reposted here with his permission.

OK friends, I'm going to make one post about the Salvino Olds and after that I won't discuss the kit itself. Now that people have them, there's lots and lots of discussion about what comes with it. Some good and some bad. Some people have been very insulting about the kit, but most are generally very happy to have a new producer in the business at a time when many are dropping out. So before you pass judgement on what you're getting keep these things in mind.
First, this project is being spearheaded by one guy. ONE. He's working with one 3D designer. ONE. This is his very FIRST production. This is not a team of a dozen employees with a company that's been doing it for 50 years. I can tell you what happened to the first 4-5 Powerslide releases I did over 12 years ago. After a few months they went in the garbage can. I was only out a few thousand dollars. Rick is in this for quite a bit more than that. As time went on Powerslide got better and better and now you see where they are at. Ricks kits will be the same way.
You may not like what's in the box and if so you are welcome to not purchase one if you don't like it. It's a free country. But many people are extremely happy to be able to finally be able to build an Olds kit without having to buy a resin body with vacuum formed glass and have to heavily modify it to fit a chassis.
Yes, it has some off looking parts, maybe even some that aren't right for the car. What most people don't know is the incredible goings on that comes with producing something like this. It would have brought most people to give up and forget the whole thing. The main goal of this kit was to get the finished "shelf" look right. It actually started out as a Dodge project, and the course changed several times and wound up as an Olds. it was supposed to be a Petty 1979 Daytona Olds, but Rick couldn't get the licensing in place in time. The only licensing he could get on this short notice was from the Baker family. By that time it was too late to make any chassis and suspension changes. The 3D work, which takes months, was already done. This is why some parts seem to be for another car.
Rick is dedicated to quality and I can promise you as he releases more kits, they will have changes and improvements in them. If you look at this kit and throw him under the bus, then back up over him and run him again, there's a chance that he will cancel all upcoming projects and you wont get your '73 Charger, or your '71 Road Runner or '71 Charger or even the '80s kits he's looking at like the 1986 2+2 and all the other amazing stuff he has planned. Please keep this in mind. Rick has a lot of money invested in this and I can promise you, he's not in it for the money. He's a modeler like us and knows what the missing links are in this hobby.
So that is all. I as well as most of us, want this company to succeed and with the support of his customers, I think he will. Rick and I are working together on the next releases and as always they will have Powerslide decals and I will be one of the main distributors.
Thanks for your reading and as always I look forward to supplying your hobby needs
Mike

I thought this was very well stated. Smile
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep all comments about the kit in either the 'happy' thread in this section or in the detailed comments in the tips and tricks section.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: