Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monogram Challenger T/A Origin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Street and Muscle Cars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LilRedDave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Monogram Challenger T/A Origin Reply with quote

Interesting story on the history and origin of the Monogram Challenger T/A from Muscle Car Review.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen Bob Johnson measure and photo a car to make a kit. I even have a few of his drawings. A talented guy.
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Monogram 70 Challenger Reply with quote

One of my all-time favorite cars and all time favorite kits. I've owned 7 REAL Challengers( I really don't like the new ones just like I don't like people trying to rewrite history) in my life and can solidly say they nailed it with this kit. The dysfunction of Revell monogram that led to their downfall is all the more apparent after seeing this story. I have a friend in Los Angeles who runs a shop that does very very high-end Mopar Restorations. We're talkin stuff like the idiot comedian's Hemi Superbird on Jay Leno's garage. So somebody from RM contacts him looking to pay for a few hours with a Hemi Cuda. It must have been like the drunken sailor and the Beautiful call girl because the model that came out of this session..... I can't even begin to describe how bad the shape of the body is or how far off they were in some major dimensions. I remember when the monogram Challenger T/A came out.... it was during a time a prosperity at monogram with their NASCAR kits and their line of muscle cars flying off the shelves. Every year for four or five years they came out with a new muscle car kit in 1:24 scale and each one was better then the one before.
pulln4dejr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:10 am    Post subject: Challenger Reply with quote

Cool story, thanks for sharing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Street and Muscle Cars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: