Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

modeling board discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael F

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: modeling board discussion Reply with quote

If it´s permitted, i´ll take the discussion on DW´s Cyclone in the darkside section to give my opinion to the subject if is this great forum is a modeling board or not.
Like Gary66 and Dennis O told, this is a modeling forum.
And the removal of the nascar discussion section was a good thing, way to much disputes on drivers, teams and the sanctioning body. I agree 100% with this.
So i ask the moderators to keep this a modeling forum !!
In the past, we had a lot of very strange discussions (maybe strange to me only?) here on this modeling board.
Threads about how funny it is throwing sqirrels with catapults thru the backyard and how useless these little animals are…
But the most embarrassing threads (to me) are about guns and weapons of any kind.
We had a lot of pics here of poeple at guns, collections of riffles, handgrenates and pistols…
These are things that makes me thinking: ís this a modeling board or what???
I´m a longtime member of this great forum and this matter is a burning issue to me since years.
I´m sure, there are alot of forums on weapons and guns to talk about.
Randy Ayers Nascar modeling forum was and is a familyfriendly forum.
I think here is no place to play animalcruelty down, or to show pics of weapons on a familyfriendly modeling forum.
So i again i ask the moderators lets keep this forum a modeling board.

I don´t want to bother anybody here on this forum, just want to give my two cents on the modeling board discussion.
I hope my bad english makes my statement understandable.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember someone who had a short GIF in there signature line of a "squirrel catapult". To some it may be humorous to others it's not so funny. It's all point of view and your established norms.

If this thread goes downhill, it will be locked. If you wish to make a point, please do, but I think you guys know when you are stepping over the line. Rational discussion is fine....name calling, profanity and all that stuff not so much.
Mack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do miss the NASCAR race discussion, but it's easy to see why it had to go. Besides there are plenty of other places to go argue about NASCAR. My only gripe is people who post here and go to other sites and bash members from this forum. That's classless. But, this is still by far the best NASCAR modeling site. There's a ton of knowledge that frequents this place. Not a day goes by that I don't check in. My modeling time is at zero right now, self employed, first grand child, on the go all the time. So this place keeps me in tune with the hobby. I still buy kits and decals, for use someday....I hope.
sentsat71

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Michael F., with everything he said.....
Firefly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally Agree. Well said.
JWVD5953

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title says it all.......
Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forum-----John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: