Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ned's '63 Galaxie....decal HELP!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Budz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Ned's '63 Galaxie....decal HELP! Reply with quote

Amateur here........

Any suggestions on how to remove these decals without doing a lot of damage? I forget where I got them, but they came on colored paper and ruined the car in my opinion. Are there any better decals for Ned's solid blue Galaxie I could get somewhere?

Thanks......

Buddy
TG

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have removed lots of decals by running hot water over the body and by soaking the body in hot water as long as there isn't clear coat over the decals.

Also scotch tape will often remove them. I don't know where to find that decal sheet.
Budz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll give those a try
iceman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used Scotch tape to remove some decals, worked will for me and did not do anything to the paint
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try Scotch tape first, then get more aggressive.

I have Ned's '63 cars on my radar to print. I have most of the former The Way They Really Were artwork and permission to print but the artwork really needs tweaking to bring up to current standards. It's already better than that though, to be totally honest.
Bill J

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't Ned's all blue 63, 64 and 65 cars all Ford Guardsman Blue? I would build that 63 if you get those decals made Tom!
bangor boy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to see a re-issue of decals for Ned Jarrett's '61 title-winning Chevy that was a great triumph against the odds.

Pipped a stacked pack of powerful Pontiacs to the post. Lots of kits out there to build it with.
Budz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom M. wrote:

I have Ned's '63 cars on my radar to print. I have most of the former The Way They Really Were artwork and permission to print but the artwork really needs tweaking to bring up to current standards. It's already better than that though, to be totally honest.

Thanks...let me know if you make these decals and and want to sell me some
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have these decals, and several others, almost ready to put out for sale. Both of these will be listed about mid December when I list the latest round of new decals both will be alps printed on high quality clear decal paper not like those shown which most likely are from Slot Car Fever he does a lot of decals like this.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bangor boy wrote:
It would be nice to see a re-issue of decals for Ned Jarrett's '61 title-winning Chevy that was a great triumph against the odds.

Pipped a stacked pack of powerful Pontiacs to the post. Lots of kits out there to build it with.

Ned's '61 Chevy decals were never offered. I created a conversion set years ago that I used with several different sets of screen printed decals that were available at that time to build the model myself but I don't think anyone ever did a complete, reasonably accurate '61 Chevy sheet for sale.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the only sheet I've seen of Ned's '61 car. It's a decent effort and well reflects the early season number scheme.

But about 5 or 6 races in, Jarrett opted to use a number design that closely resembles the two door numbers on the right above Royal Beach Motel. Just slightly longer stems to the door numbers, but very much the same style of font. He stayed with that the rest of the season.

And apologies for steering this thread away from its original path. I'm also interested in the Ford decals.
Budz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemiman_1999 wrote:
I actually have these decals, and several others, almost ready to put out for sale. Both of these will be listed about mid December when I list the latest round of new decals both will be alps printed on high quality clear decal paper not like those shown which most likely are from Slot Car Fever he does a lot of decals like this.

So do you list them here on this site? I'll keep an eye out for them
Dscott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres a j & j set on ebay
Budz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom M. wrote:

Just curious if you ever printed any of these...thanks.

Buddy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: