Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Darrell Waltrip 85 bud Monte Carlo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scsracing38

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Darrell Waltrip 85 bud Monte Carlo Reply with quote

I would like to see work in progress photos of this car. I’m getting ready to start this car. And I want to see wip photos of it. Thanks in advance.
Billy Jennings
kurth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for pictures of the real car, or other models build of this car?

I started a detailed build of the 1984 car but could not figure out what to do with the radiator and the build stalled. I had a thread on the old forum about it. It is hard to find pictures of the old cars, but the articles written by Clay Kemp in Scale auto magazine were my inspiration.

I want to resume this project.

I will see if I have any reference pictures. I just do not remember what I have.
scsracing38

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for photos of the 85 red and white bud car. I would like to do the very best I can do on this car. I'm a DW fan from the Gatorade days I remember the Monte Carlo named Bertha. She ran real good. Thank you guys.
Billy
john843

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy, I can't get it to link but if you will google rk auctions junior johnson Budweiser Monte Carlo for sale it should be of some help. This car has sold and it has '88 sheet metal, but is an '85 superspeedway chassis. Some great interior and underneath shots.

John
kurth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.rkmotors.com/vehicles/787/1988-chevrolet-monte-carlo-aerocoupe

Jackpot!

Thanks for mentioning this. now I need to summon the courage to scratchbuild all those details.

Notice it is a rear steer chassis, so if you want to be totally accurate you will also need a thunderbird kit for the chassis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: