Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not sure if this is good or bad.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Not sure if this is good or bad..... Reply with quote

Just did a DNA test to help me find family history. Got my results back and looking thru the list of DISTANT cousins and the name Michael Waltrip pops up along with the name Margaret Waltrip. I think to myself "nah different Waltrips". I look up the name Margaret Waltrip and find out that Margaret was Michael's mother. I guess maybe it is THAT family of Waltrips. I guess it kinda makes sense being that Owensboro and Louisville Kentucky are not too far apart.

Last edited by Dennis O on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking of doing the same thing, for the same reason. I know very little about my family history, my dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's when I was 19 and I grew up hundreds of miles from the rest of our family so I never learned the family history or even who all my cousins on my dad's side were.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, I did the 23andMe test and I think I will do the Ancestry test as well. They only connect with the relatives that have done their particular test so important connections can be missed if they used a different test than you.
Mack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

change your name, enter the witness protection program. disappear completely. these are just a few options i'd consider if I found out I was any kin to Mikey.
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got real lucky. A cousin did research all the way back to family's roots in Ireland and wrote a 2 volume book set!!!
Bill
George Andrews

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin has the history of my father's family, going back 100+ years to Czarist Russia, Lithuania, and Poland. It seems I'm descended from a long line of drunks, screw - ups, and thugs !!! Rolling Eyes
tomcat65

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my dad's side of the family my great, great, great, great uncle is Devil Anse Hatfield. Of the Hatfield's & McCoy's fame... And on my mom's side, I'm related to former President Richard Nixon... Although, I've known this info since my youth. My dad is big into the family tree stuff. He had traced the family back to it roots across the pond, as they say...

Thomas
Sundance

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: My parents did a lot of geneology as well Reply with quote

When I was younger. My dads family traces it's history back to the 1600s in bloody old england and I am related to Daniel Boone. On my my moms side, back to the early 1700s. On Moms side, one of her relatives is the idiot that cracked the Liberty Bell. Apparently, during that time, his job was to ring the liberty bell.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Andrews wrote:
My cousin has the history of my father's family, going back 100+ years to Czarist Russia, Lithuania, and Poland. It seems I'm descended from a long line of drunks, screw - ups, and thugs !!! Rolling Eyes

Oh yea -- I forgot. Embarassed My mom was a second cousin to actor Gregory Peck. My maternal grandmothers' maiden name was Peck, and NE Ohio was full of Pecks. My 1st cousin on my mom's side, in his early days, was a ringer for Gregory Peck.
sentsat71

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have no idea about my family's past. Just know I'm 2nd Generation American born, as my Paternal grandfather came over from Germany in the late 1800's. Not sure about my Mom's side of the family.
Never knew my grand parents from either side.
Paternal grand father passed away in 1920
Paternal grandmother passed away in 1924
Maternal grandmother passed away in 1920, shortly after my mom's youngest sister was born in 1920
Maternal grandfather passed away in 1954
Me, I was born in 1953......
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did one, found out I have more Irish/Welsh than Scottish in me, I need to find more on my moms side of the family.
Also found 4% native in my blood line Shocked
( My late Aunt (Moms Sister) was sure some of her Irish Ancestors owned a candy factory in Ireland.)
JWVD5953

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did 2 DNA tests. Found lotsa French, English, Scottish, Irish and
German. My paternal Grandmothers rellys from Baden Germany, near French border, my paternal grandfather is Dutch. My maternal grandparents were English, Scotts-Irish. Got some Bowman rellys, 88 type? What really surprised me was the small amount of Native American? Never even imagined that! Less than 1% but still there, maybe I can run for a senate job as I am a Massachusetts native, in more than one way! LOL---John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: