Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chevy Mystery Motor Headers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill J

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Chevy Mystery Motor Headers Reply with quote

Is there any resin source for the Chevy 427 mystery motor headers for a 63 Impala? These are the "cast iron" type required in 63.

I do know they were in the AMT 66 Impala Modified Stocker kit but that kit is hard to find at a reasonable price.

Any help appreciated.
Speedn Steven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM Sent
Speedn Steven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,
I got the headers in the mail today. Funny story about them that a lot of board members can relate to. As I said the '66 Chevy Modified that they came out of got busted up during a move. As anyone can tell you headers on most models are a pain-there's very little area to cement them on, you can't clamp them in place while they dry, and then more often than not they fall off. Because of this I figured I'd have no problem separating these from the model for you; the fact they didn't fall off during the move should have been a clue.

I took an X-acto, applied a little pressure, and promptly de-glued the entire engine, headers intact. Since I had the whole thing out I simply pressed on the header again, and took the head off. On both sides. After a little more work I finally got them off. They didn't want to leave but they are on the way any way.

SSS
Bill J

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Steve, very much appreciated. I am making a 63 Chevy, Smokey Yunick Daytona car. I am using a Revell 63 Chevy a 67 Chevy kit big block and Ace decals.

The mystery motor headers will greatly add to the car for sure!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: