Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dry Break Fuel Valve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaPettyFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Dry Break Fuel Valve Reply with quote

Does anyone still make these? Thanks in advance.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make mine out of aluminum tubing and styrene rod. Cut the tube to length, deburr and slightly chamfer it with a drill bit, sand the styrene rod so that the corners are rounded off, paint it with aluminum metallizer, and assemble.
mprmprmpr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the same methood...

GaPettyFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much to you both. Dumb question time: Where do you get aluminum tubing and what gauges do you use for each? Thanks again.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most any hobby shop that sells remote control aircraft will sell aluminum tubing in various sizes. I think I've seen it at Hobby Lobby on the aisle next to the model kits too but I wouldn't swear to it. I don't recall which size I use for the dry breaks, I keep a stock of one or two pieces of each size up to about 1/4 inch and I just eyeballed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: