Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keselowski’s 2018 Snap On red?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Keselowski’s 2018 Snap On red? Reply with quote

Sorry i don’t have a pic to post right now, because i am on my phone (should be able to post one later if i need to), but does anyone have a color suggestion for Brad Keselowski’s #2 Snap On, the red? Would prefer a lacquer, something that i could reference from MCW’s line. Any comparables?

Thanks
18degrees

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: got some pics posted Reply with quote

still looking for some direction on this one

decals will be here soon
Penguins87

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with Tamiya TS- Italian Red or PS 60 Mica Red. Italian Red is basically Ferrarri red I believe. That's what I would use.
18degrees

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a bit of research on the MCW website, since that's the paint that I prefer to use. I actually sent an email in with pics asking what color they would recommend, but I haven't heard back yet.

so, 2720 is light red, 2721 is guards red, and 2722 is roman red.

I assume that the colors get darker, the higher the number.

so given that guards red is what they recommend for Coors red, and roman red is what they recommend for Budweiser, would light red be applicable, or maybe the guards red? I am thinking of doing the old plastic spoon test with the guards red over white primer, since I have a can already, just to see how it looks. based on pics of the 1988 Elliott ride, it looks a bit too dark.

and Penguins87 (can I call you Sidney? Laughing ) thanks for the advice, I couldn't find Italian Red in the MCW catalog.
Penguins87

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a airbrush jar of 2067-Guards Red and 2153-Ferrari Red. Setting side by side they look the same. I would use the 2067 over white or grey primer since you have it. MCW is nice paint to work with. Use it myself. You can search F1 Ferrari to see the Formula One race car and compare the color to Brad's.[/img]
18degrees

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Crosby, i looked up the Ferrari colors on the MCW catalog. Both 2153 “modern Ferrari” and 2086 “1997+ Ferrari” cross over to 2721 in a rattle can, which is Guards Red.

Guess that’s problem solved.
18degrees

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penguins87 wrote:
I would go with Tamiya TS- Italian Red or PS 60 Mica Red. Italian Red is basically Ferrarri red I believe. That's what I would use.

went ahead and got a rattle can of Testors Italian Red lacquer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: