Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2+2 pontiacs-1/16th scale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OLE SCHOOL MODELER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: 2+2 pontiacs-1/16th scale Reply with quote

there has been some recent interest in the larger scale cars it seems in light of some recent posts so I am reposting these 1/16th amt pontiacs that i converted over to 2+2 pontiacs a few years back. Both of these are holy grail builds. I plan on re-doing the hooters pontiac one day. I rushed through it for various reasons on this build and not really satisfied at all with it. the kodak car is a personal favorite of mine. It turned out decent and i love the paint scheme. a lot of roll cage, engine, header, firewall , dash, and body modifications.

decals- unknown to various makers.

tamiya camel yellow and white for each respective build.

I have been working on re-doing the "buck" for the back window. The original is a peice of balsa wood trimmed to get the bublle formed shape. I have been trying to get a local machine shop to help in getting one redone with the correct arch and one made of polished aluminum to get a better "bubble" arch. Also, the heat in the vacuum forming process will not hinder the metal. I have seen one picture of an alleged resin nose clip that was made for 1/16th scale pontiacs. The noses for these were made from sheet plastic and putty. i have been consulting with a resin caster on making a complete nose like the older jnj 1/24th nose clips for the 1/16th scale cars. It sure would speed the process up in building more of these. Overall, these kits are horrible to work with but something is better than nothing. anyway, they are something different to attempt.

IMG_3441 by ole school modeler, on Flickr

IMG_3442 by ole school modeler, on Flickr

IMG_3443 by ole school modeler, on Flickr

IMG_3444 by ole school modeler, on Flickr

IMG_3445 by ole school modeler, on Flickr

IMG_3446 by ole school modeler, on Flickr

IMG_3447 by ole school modeler, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

OSM
80GoldenEagle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are nice!!! Great job on the conversion.
Henryjint

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both nicely done!!!!
Jim N

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding! Really great craftsmanship.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: