Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another mprmprmpr Decals/printer update.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mprmprmpr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Another mprmprmpr Decals/printer update. Reply with quote

Well, I've done it again. I can never leave well enough alone, and or I'm a glutton for punishment. I just purchased another new (and better) printer for printing my decals. The big difference is that this one will print the color over the white underlay like traditional decals on one sheet. So no more dealing with two sheets, one color and one white sheet. Some people, myself included, don't mind that method, but some aren't fond of it. I will be able to supply an underlay sheet for dark colored cars if needed. Better quality, easier to use. Win, win IMO.

And once again the new printer is not a cheap endeavor. I will be selling my old Oki C711WT on eBay at some point in the near future once I get the new set up up and running. If anyone here is interested in the old printer set up PM me. I will do a great deal if anyone here is interested and also give training on how to use it. They can be tricky if you don't know how to set them up to print decals, especially the white layer. Keep in mind with this set up it is a two sheet process. One color and one white.

I'd also like to thank all of you who have supported me and my decals. Sometimes I'm not even sure why I keep going. Seems like every time I get a little ahead I buy a new printer and I'm right back in debt. But I guess that's my fault. LOL

Mark
mprmprmpr
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Sir!
mprmprmpr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
Good luck Sir!

I'll need it...

Last edited by mprmprmpr on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand........my catalog is around 250 different sets.....and I need to make a call soon myself. I either gotta spend some cash...or shut it down.
I have a good amount of stock on hand....but out of some that sell well.....so....call me unsure..... Shocked
Orangeastre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, thanks again for the hookup. Will be in touch soon for an order.
Shunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Rows, look forward to seeing what you come up with
HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!!! ok Mark, I'm ready to order when you're ready to print. Others can say what they want, but I'd rather use your decals over everything else I've tried so far, I've never had an issue with your product and they lay so good and lay tight and wrap perfectly. Text me when you're ready for an order Very Happy.
Moroso Olds (done, waiting on better decals)
Snap On MC
Jack Daniels MC (in work now)
About 100+ other kits
mprmprmpr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HurricaneDave3 wrote:
Yay!!! ok Mark, I'm ready to order when you're ready to print. Others can say what they want, but I'd rather use your decals over everything else I've tried so far, I've never had an issue with your product and they lay so good and lay tight and wrap perfectly. Text me when you're ready for an order Very Happy.

I should have the printer early next week. Tracking shows it arriving on Monday. It'll probably take me a few days to get it sorted out. I'll keep you, and everyone else posted.

bigryan18

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the product..
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what type printer are you getting?
Bill
mprmprmpr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same the laser printer I have but modified to print the white under the color in one pass. It also comes with software to modify and optimize the color, and more importantly manipulate the white toner among other things. The Oki C711WT I currently have will only print the white over the color. The painful part is, if you know how much it costs to purchase the Oki printer that I currently have..... this new one costs more.. Ouch!! Hopefully I'll sell a lot of decals .. LOL

martinfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome !!
Shadetree Modeler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news Mark. I always look forward to your decals.
mprmprmpr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eagle has landed. Hopefully I'll have some time tonight to start figuring this thing out. I'll post any progress and or some pictures of test prints when I have them. Fingers crossed.

mprmprmpr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the printer put together, set up, installed drivers, etc last night. Ran a test page and a few simple color sheets. Tonight I start working on printing with white. Hopefully it will go smooth.

HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it works smooth for you Mark, I love your decals. Do you have scan capabilities? I have a couple of older sheets I'm afraid to touch would love to have them scanned and made into new sheets
Moroso Olds (done, waiting on better decals)
Snap On MC
Jack Daniels MC (in work now)
About 100+ other kits
mprmprmpr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of scanning decal sheets and reprinting them. For one, that's how my decals (and others) are ripped off and re sold. Plus, the quality is never great. In the past I have re-engineered old sheets by using the old sheet as a template and re doing all of the artwork from scratch. Not a quick or easy process but that is one way of reproducing an old sheet. Plus they can be tweaked, corrected and improved.

hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I am late to the Party but what name are you decals sold under?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mprmprmpr wrote:
I'm not a fan of scanning decal sheets and reprinting them. For one, that's how my decals (and others) are ripped off and re sold. Plus, the quality is never great. In the past I have re-engineered old sheets by using the old sheet as a template and re doing all of the artwork from scratch. Not a quick or easy process but that is one way of reproducing an old sheet. Plus they can be tweaked, corrected and improved.

Agreed...I can draw new art faster than clean up a scan of old decals.
THAT ebay seller is a scan and print garbage.....
mprmprmpr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting close. A small setback that has nothing to do with the printer. A second supplier I use for is laser paper compatible with this printer has also discontinued this type of paper. I still have a few other options though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: