Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

moving and unpacking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetdoc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: moving and unpacking Reply with quote

finally getting into our new house been away for a while found two of my early builds one of the bodies has warped is there away to gently to straighten out the body at the front A Pillars
john843

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how tightly they're built but if you can separate the body from the chassis (and preferably remove the windshield) you may be able to finesse it a little with a blow dryer. I've not tried to straighten a built and painted body before but for obvious reasons, your choices are limited. Also, by blow dryer I suggest 1500 watt or so HAIR dryer as opposed to a commercial heat gun. Please don't ask me how I Know!!! Anyway good luck and I'm sure there are a few here who will chime in with with probably better options than mine. Let us know how they come out.

John
Jetdoc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John will let you know how it turns out took some time, but got the car apart.
Jetdoc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John thank you for the help saved my car, now thinking about a restore on it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: