Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buddy Bakers 442 is here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Buddy Bakers 442 is here Reply with quote

Just a quick note I received my order of the Salvino's Buddy Baker 442 "The Gray Ghost" today and I am boxing up orders and will have everything at the post office first thing in the morning
WOW I am about 1/3rd done and have a car full I will have to make at least 2 trips and maybe 3 but if you ordered from me they will all be at the post office
by 10:00 tomorrow..if I get time I will do some quick pics and post them I did open one of mine and it looks great wait till you see the decal sheet the instrument panels gauges have CHROME Rings the Door decal is in chrome the rest of the kit looks Great I will know more when I get a chance to test fit and look at it in greater detail....
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the "Competition Cams" logo is done with chrome foil! This is a trend I hope will continue. the gage decals are simply beautiful.
winstonhokie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the tires on this kit. Working on my #71 Dave Marcis Buck Stove Hudson Chevrolet Olds. This kit like many has it's pros and cons.

Rear axle had some issues.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the Ellington / Allison #1 will be Olds kit #3 as JR's has a post welcoming Donnie to the team....
Firefly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An early video from Salvino's of the body molding showed some being molded in black. Any clue what that would be for?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly wrote:
An early video from Salvino's of the body molding showed some being molded in black. Any clue what that would be for?

May have just been the plastic loaded in the machine at the time......JR's using a big 'consumer' injection shop so many different colors used for kitchen stuff and the like. JR's seems to go with white plastic I hope.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They mold test shots in color also, so they can be visually identified. Might have been the final round of test shots.
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom M. wrote:
They mold test shots in color also, so they can be visually identified. Might have been the final round of test shots.

Winner!!!
in one of the video's on their FB page. he explains that's what they are, and there was enough request they were selling those "Limited" black bodies, on a first come first serve basis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: