Randy Ayers' Nascar Modeling Forum Forum Index Randy Ayers' Nascar Modeling Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AMT 65 Ford Galaxie KIT CONTENT PICS HERE!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers' Nascar Modeling Forum Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james460

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: AMT 65 Ford Galaxie KIT CONTENT PICS HERE! Reply with quote

Anybody get a look and take pictures of what's inside this Kit.?
gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the header in this post, just took mine out of the box, pictures coming in the next few minutes, stay tuned!

Support your local race track.

Jimmy Spencer never forgets. Never.
gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, first off, thanks to Mike at Mike's decals for the fast shipping ( as always). Thanks Mike! thumbsup

First the box:

Inside the box, the chrome tree:

White plastic!:

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I *think* this cage is from the Amt '66 Galaxie:

Exhaust dumps:

Here are the wheels:

Engine:

No dedicated stock car tires, but some nice white walls and two vintage slicks:

That's it.

Lanny Haas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I have one coming. looks like some scratch building for the roll cage will be needed. I dont think the wheels are right, but could be wrong.
Dave Van

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics!!! I am so glad I sold my original for big bucks about 10 years ago!
RayH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary66 wrote:
OK, first off, thanks to Mike at Mike's decals for the fast shipping ( as always). Thanks Mike! thumbsup

First the box:

Inside the box, the chrome tree:

White plastic!:

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I *think* this cage is from the Amt '66 Galaxie:

Exhaust dumps:

Here are the wheels:

Engine:

No dedicated stock car tires, but some nice white walls and two vintage slicks:

That's it.

Gary, .
First of all, thanks for posting this. I now know what I'm looking for, and I have a real good idea how I'm gonna go about this build!

Now, as to the content, I'll go back to the ol' memory banks, having had the original kit when it was first introduced. I'll go picture by picture!

Pictures 1-4 show that the repop duplicates the original box art almost exactly, except for the little blurb on the box top.

Pix 5 and 6, the chrome tree, show what appears to be mostly original.....but they didn't undo the fill-in of the rear taillight bezels, which I'd hoped they would do. this is gonna require some surgery to correct, but it's do-able.

Pix 7-9 showing the body, interior bucket, and chassis show no major changes there....accuracy would dictate cutting down the interior side panels and re-doing with flat sheet plastic, as they used aluminum sheet in those cars.

From picture 10, the glass, be prepared to do some surgery....the tabs at the rear glass will need to be removed at the very least, and the whole thing could easilly be redone with some thin clear plastic to clean up the roof interior.

Progressing on---

Photo 11...definitely the cage from the 66 Galaxie kit...I have a couple of those left, in red! Definitely some work needed here, and there are some good photos of the restored 66 Galaxie plus Doc's 65 both on this site and elsewhere for accuracy. This sprue also has the rear window straps, but there's q lot of flash there!

Photo 12---Exhaust dumps are dcefinitly new, better than the original. Makes that part a lot easier.

Photo 13--Wheels are decent, but not deep enough.....some PPP resins will definitely look better.

Photos 14 and 15 show the engine with race parts and some of the interior parts, as done in the originasl...this sprue also has the original rear window straps, and those are a whole lot better than the one on the cage sprue!

Photos 16 and 17 show some of the interior stuff and other hardware, and chassis parts not done elxsewhere...again, that is all like the original!

Next to last, the tires are pretty much like the original kit, only better, and finallly, the decals are passable, but the scrip on the rear quarters is not correct...looks like a repop of the orignal sheet!

This kit is gonna build up into a very good model, with a bit of work. I can hardly wait!

Have sorted through most of my stuff, still some left to be moved in, but workshop is just about set up close to where I want it....just need to fine-tune a few things!!
Gordie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an AMT '66 Galaxie kit in one of my parts boxes, so I can confirm that is where the roll cage comes from.

Gordie
gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left out the instruction sheet, suffice to say I think it's more or less a reprint of the original, with all the correct modern copyrights added.

George Andrews

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The molded in mufflers and exhaust -- will they be a problem to remove ??? idunno
Gordie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way that I can see to remove the exhaust is to cut out the floor from the frame and replace it with the floor from an AMT '66 Galaxie. The '66 chassis is much less detailed than the '65 chassis, except the exhaust isn't molded in.

Gordie
bvaughn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this was probably asked in another post, but what decals are currently available for this model?
Thanks
Bill
gregbbear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the images!

I ordered one last week, but I haven't received it yet. I am disappointed that R2 didn't make some stock car tires for it. They have some nice blue streak drag slicks with the 40 willys, and it would have been nice for them to have done something like that. PPP is always an option, but for the average builder, who doesn't source AM stuff, it will be a turn off. However, it has a lot more going for it than the other recent releases! And it is cheaper than any version on ebay!

Cheers,
Greg
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACE does the Marvin Panch/Dan Gurney #21/121
Mike does the correct Lorenzen #28
David Hawkins at Plastic Performance Products does the Junior Johnson #27, the Pedro Gonzales #51, and the Foyt #47 I believe. There may be others that are slipping my mind at the moment.

"You should never point a loaded gun at anyone. This is not a hard and fast rule, however. A hard and fast rule is that you should never, ever, point an unloaded gun at anyone." P.J. O'Rourke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dave Van

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penngwen.........

Gopher may have an announcement soon too....
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever do the Dieringer decals from Riverside, Dave? I remember both cars being discussed at the time but I can't recall if anyone ever did the Dieringer car and I don't have your decal list here at work.

"You should never point a loaded gun at anyone. This is not a hard and fast rule, however. A hard and fast rule is that you should never, ever, point an unloaded gun at anyone." P.J. O'Rourke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dave Van

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No....and I can't even recall the car right now.... idunno
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of our other decal producers on the board must have done that one. I believe it was the reverse of the Foyt scheme.

*EDIT:

Mike70SS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stock the PPP #27 Junior Johnson decal sheet too. I am looking into more sheets for this car. Maybe we need a decal request thread. Quick question, how many seasons did they use this specific body?

Mike
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The frontrunning cars only used that bodystyle for '65 but most of the top teams used the same basic graphics for '66 also. Since the '66 Galaxie is also pretty easy to find a combo sheet for '65-'66 for the top teams (or one goody sheet for '66 contingencies and '66 sponsors to cover all the top teams) would be appreciated.

I forgot to mention earlier, the Wendell Scott sheet will build a '65 Galaxie also.

bvaughn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see Bobby Johns #7 & Dick Hutcherson #29 comes to mind for decal sheets . Maybe Foyt #41 Daytona Firecracker winner & Turner's #41 American 500 winner & Sam Mcquagg #24 & Cales #27
Bill
Pat Redmond

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Santa Claus .........

On the bench: Tim Richmond Old Milwaukee Lemans
norway1970

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the vintage kit from the 60s, the roll cage parts are made of clear plastic.
I have too buy one, so my vintage kit can stay unbuildt for more years to come.

Kleven
james460

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever do the Bobby Johns ?
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it John Barker who printed those? I'm not sure if he did the artwork or if the artwork was done by Cherry Run.

"Fireball"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bvaughn wrote:
& Cales #27

Isn't that the one he put over the guard rail in turn two(original track configuration)at Darlington? That was a long ways down, and everybody there thinks Cale is dead, or seriously injured, and here he comes popping out from under the car, more worried about Banjo's car than if he was hurt!!!

Last edited by "Fireball" on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Michael F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he told Banjo Matthews, the owner of the Galaxie:"I broke your car..." Cool Cool Cool

The "Lady in Black" is many things. She is legend, she is treacherous, she is desirable, she is beautiful, and she is unpredictable.
And, too, she is the most appealing lady in the world of stock car racing.

Benny Phillips 1966

http://www.grandnationalstockcars.de.tl/Mike-gr-s-Grand-National-Stockcar-Museum.htm
Ragtop Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tilt!!!!

Are the covers on the original clear tree the "highway patrol" / PI / 427 accessory headlight covers? Or are they intended for the custom version?

Thanks!

BOB
“You're missin' the point. The success of the band was irrelevant - you raised their expectations of life, you lifted their horizons. Sure we could have been famous and made albums and stuff, but that would have been predictable.

"This way it's poetry.”

Joey, from “The Commitments”, 1991
sentsat71

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my older brothers had the original annual release of this car and at some point I think I inherited it, but maybe not, as I don't know what happened to the car. I do remember the "opening" trunk, the clear plastic roll cage, the multi piece race exhaust system, but don't remember the stock exhaust molded on the chassis, as that car as been "gone" for a good 40 years now...I know I had my hands on some of the unused parts at one time. I THINK the dual carb intake and carbs ended up on the engine from an early issue of Lindberg's White Lightning supermodified, and that engine ended up in my 1st AMT '32 Ford Coupe, built in the race version.....still have that car in my collection. one of my oldest builds that still survive.
When I first heard about this release, I was excited, but do to being unemployed these days, definitely have NO funds available to go after this kit or any other kit I would like to get my hands on.....
bvaughn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What color of paint that can be purchased in a rattle can would be close to the color of Dick Hutcerson's 65 Ford?
Thanks
Bill
mack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://public.fotki.com/RodM/stock_car_racing_models/models_-_other_people/atlanta-motorspeedw/135-3535.html
bvaughn wrote:
What color of paint that can be purchased in a rattle can would be close to the color of Dick Hutcerson's 65 Ford?
Thanks
Bill

i used duplicolor buckskin gold with duplicolor bright white on this build.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my Cale Yarborough Monte Carlo below and behind your build. I forgot that Rod had that album, I just went back through it again.

kentak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Fred Lorenzon's car painted Wimbledon white or regular white? When did Holman-Moody start using tubular headers? Were they close to those included in the 65 kit or are those drag racing only? I remember looking at both the 65 and 66 chassis and pondering how to combine the floor pan from the 66 and the more detailed suspension from the 65 without a lot of work. This should be fun.

Ken
joe b.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the body will need a little work too. the accent lines or moldings will need to have the emblems removed, the fuel filler cut opened, and of course remove the wiper blades, I couldn't figure out how to remove the small rectangular badge on the front grille without destroying it so I just left it.[img][/img]
[img][/img]
I made this years ago. converted the street kit. I resin cast a fuel cell.
it would have been nice if they added some trunk detail like a fuel cell and such in this new kit.
joe

joe

Last edited by joe b. on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
joe b.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bvaughn wrote:
Lets see Bobby Johns #7 & Dick Hutcherson #29 comes to mind for decal sheets . Maybe Foyt #41 Daytona Firecracker winner & Turner's #41 American 500 winner & Sam Mcquagg #24 & Cales #27
Bill

is that turner #41 the white car with the red roof? I want to do that one. if anyone has or can do that sheet it would be great. I have the decals for the reverse scheme which I don't like so much.

joe
bvaughn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I forgot Jarrett's #11 & he was the champion in 1965 for decals!!! I think Cady did these quite some time ago
Also when did Jr Johnson switch to the #26 in 1965? Were decals ever made of this car?
Thanks
Bill
M_Agee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACE has the #41 Turner Rockingham win car sheet as well as the Panch/Gurney sheet. ACE/Powerslide Wendell Scott sheet will do Wendell's 65', Mike also has the Lorenzen set available.

ACE has a couple more sheets planned for this car stay tuned...............!

"He needs a freaking whooping, and I'm gonna give it to him."- Boris Said
spooker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slixx did Jarrett's #11, too.
RayH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Another car for the list Reply with quote

I did a pretty complete listing of the known 65 Galaxies in NASCAR that year....one that comes to mind, and that I don't think I mentioined, was the #24 of Sam Mc Quagg, owned by Betty Lilly. Bobby Allision drove that car as a rebodied 66 for a short time, and I believe Pops Turner drove that car in the 66 World 600 after Bobby left the team to go to his own Chevelle. Thus, if you have two of these kits and a spare 66 body, you could do both of them!
As to the elongated headlights on the original kit clear roll bar tree, those were intended for the custom headlights that were in that kit, and which were left on the chrome tree in all the repops. The oriiginal roll bar, because of the joints, was a real bear to get to stay together with the old Testors tube glue. But the one in the 65 Maurader Hardtop, though white plastic, was even worse!

EDIT--One thing I noticed on further review opf the parts tree is that the oil cooler that was to be glued on the left front radiator support doesn't seem to be anywhere on the parts tree. And I'm pretty sure it was in the original kit. Kleven, as you have an original, see if that part was included.....it shoiuld also be listed on the instructioins for the race version.

Have sorted through most of my stuff, still some left to be moved in, but workshop is just about set up close to where I want it....just need to fine-tune a few things!!
GMP440

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Galaxie rollbar. Reply with quote

Will the roll bar setup from the AMT 66' Galaxie kit work for the 65' Lorenzen Galaxie kit? Some years ago, I built a stock 66' Galaxie; never used the roll bar. Since I have that lying around I can use that to do the Lorenzen car.
Gordie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it will. At least I am assuming it does. I have the '66 roll cage in the '65 box for my '65 Grand National champion project. The two kits appear to be based on the same tooling with the aforementioned unfortunate features like the '65 having a better detailed chassis with working steering, separate trunk floor and gas tank, but the exhaust molded in whereas the '66 has a poorly detailed chassis, but separate exhaust.

Gordie
bvaughn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more questions on the 65 Fords.
1. can someone post a pix of the #47 Ford Curtis Turner drove in 65 Natl 400?
2. When did Dick Hutcherson go from the solid color #29 Ford to the White/Gold version?
Thanks
Bill
Gordie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike70SS wrote:
I stock the PPP #27 Junior Johnson decal sheet too. I am looking into more sheets for this car. Maybe we need a decal request thread. Quick question, how many seasons did they use this specific body?

Mike

'65 & '66 only. By late '66 most Ford teams had switched to Fairlanes.

Gordie
james460

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could build a 1966 Galaxie that Sweed Savage drove at Martinsville in 67. It was poppy red with the # 1.
RayH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Additonal comments Reply with quote

I received my 65 Galaxie as part of a Christmas present from my son in Phoenix. I've already started some preliminary work, mainly on remoiving the body trim. The chassis/floor pan is going to require quite a bit of work no matter which way you go about it.......lloks like the easiest solution there will be to meld in the front 2/3rd of the floor pan from the 66 Galaxie kit, if you have one, and grind or adze off the remainder of the exhaust system from the 65 frame. I'm also working on cross-matching parts for the engine and chassis to upgrade the look, and doing some necessary research as well. Best bet for tires wiill be PPP wheels and wheel backs mated with their Firestones! Lots more to come on this, so stay tuned! BTW, the OTHER half of my present was the re-issued 1/16th MPC Petty Charger, which will be a later project!

A belated Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to all! Build more in years ending in 4!

RayH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: An update on progress 63 AND 65 Galaxies Reply with quote

First of all, for those of you who were wondering, the Roberts Galaxie project is on hold temporarilly, until the weather warms up enough to do some much needed paint work. I have to do some building to complete the chassis on the 63, and will need to get to the hobby shop for some raw materials.
Now, on to the 65 Galaxie HT!

I've spent much of the time since opening this kit working on body modifications--mainly chrome trim and unnecessary hardware (read WINDSHIELD WIPERS!). plus cutting an opening in the left rear quarter for the fuel filler. So far, so good, Trim removal is pretty much straight-forward, EXCEPT for the Galaxie Stars on the rear quarters. Easiest way to do this is by taking a new or freshly sharpened Exacto blade and scoring down on each side of the horizontal center molding, then gradually scraping of the excess until you get down to the quarter panel surface. You should be left with a thin ridge of plastic along the beltline crease, which will be just a bit higher than the original crease in the area where the Stars are located. I also used some moto-tool bits to massage this area, and it turned out looking real good! Hint--GO SLOW- BE PATIENT!!! Take off just a bit at a time, and sight down the side of the model to be sure you don't remove too much plastic. This is time consuming, so easy does it! Better to remove a little than go whole hot and end up having to do some puttying and recarving of the surface.
Windshield wiper removal is also a chore--again, easy does it. I used a sharp Exacto and undercut the wiper arms, then used the tip of the blade to recut the cowl slots after sanding down the rest of the wiper
blades, and restoring the windshield profile. Again, it's real easy to take too much plastic off here, and it's an area where it will be tough to reconstruct any mistakes. So take your time!
I'm working on the chassis/floor pan unit now, and it is gonna take beaucoup work no matter which way you approach it. I have a 66 Chassis to fall back on, so if I butcher it too much, I have an out. If you are just removing the exhaust system be advised that there is a LOT of plastic that has to be removed, and those molded-in mufflers are a beast to work with. More coming, stay tuned until our next episode next week!

retroeguy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the whl wells and the trim on the bottom of the sides...
RayH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retroeguy wrote:
what about the whl wells and the trim on the bottom of the sides...

Just a simple matter of scraping it off with a sharp Exacto---just be sure to sight down the side of the car as you go, so that you can avoid digging the knife in too deeply. Again, slow and easy does it here.

RayH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: UPDATED Progress report Reply with quote

Thanks to the weather, and my local library being closed for a couple of weeks, I've not been able to post any updates on my 65 Galaxie project. I'm not going into great detail here. just an update on where I am.

First of all, I've completed quite a bit on the frame-floorpan piece. As I couldn't get to my parts stash, I decided to go the whole route and remove the molded exhaust system! This is quite a project, especially if you are doing it the old-fashioned way---no mototool!!! Crying or Very sad It took about five sessions, but I have all but the right side exhaust pipe from the muffler forward eliminated......one more session ought to take care of that. Even if you are going the floorpan-transplant route, you will still have to remove the portion of the exhaust from the mufflers on back from the kit piece. Easiest way to take care of that is to cut off the pipes between the frame, then score the floor pan (at the very tail of the frame) along the outside of the frame rails---then file off the bits of exhaust tube that remain, and replace the removed portion of the trunk floor with sheet plastic. The hardest part of removing the exhaust system as I've done is in removing the cast-in mufflers.....there is a LOT of plastic there, and you then have to fill in the holes in the floor. So, if you have a 66 frame, easiest way is to use that floor pan, and remove the rear portion of the tailpipes. I'm hoping to save you guys a bunch of work, so I'm being a bit more descriptive than usual on this project.
I've also done the basics on the trunk area....just need some shots of the fuel tank/fuel cell set-up so I can get it looking as it should! I've laid down a false trunk floor with sheet plastic, now need to build the inlets and tank surround, but don't have any reference photos YET!
I've also started some work on the interior bucket, having cut off the passenger side and fitted in new plastic....I'll need to do a false floor and back firewall, and will re-do the roll cage, as the kit cage isn't wide ehough to connect with the frame rails as molded. If you leave the interior bucket alone, the main roll bar is a good fit....but if you remove the sides, it won;t be wide enough.
I'm also playing around with some suspension pieces so I can get the rear axle and suspension correct. Body work is all but done, just have to remove the driver's side wiper blade, and cut in a new filler opening...the stock location just doesn't work if you are modeling a complete fuel system, as the inner wheel well obstructs the inside of the stock filler location.

STay tuned, more coming, as the weather and computer access permits! I'd have pix, but don't have a camera to work with right now!

Ancient Modeler
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a build on these ('65-'66) Fords before I fell ill. Where it is, I do not know! LOL!! But there are many things to correct depending on just HOW CORRECT you want the build to be................

The kit engine will do for a curbside build as will the cage. Too much else for right now.

Lots of decals still available for the '65 Fords, but none I can remember for Cale's '65.

It would be very, very difficult for a commercial decal printer to do Foyt's Firecracker winner, and do it right.

Enough for now.........

Mongo

P.S. The '60-'66 Fords are just behind the FFFFAAAAIIIIRRRRLLLLAAAANNNNEEEESSSS and the '59-'63 Pontiacs in my love of NASCAR subjects.
usa
ON THE BENCH: ???? (a couple hundred or more....)
Ancient Modeler
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remembered something, but I cannot remember the exact details. I had an exchange with the gentleman from England who does the slot car decals. We discussed his referring my Dark Side logo and Cale's '65-'66 Galaxies and the differences between them. Even why they were different (long story, kinda).

And remember: Banjo's (Cale in '65-early '66) cars from after the World 600 in 1965 until 1974 were ORANGE

Mongo
usa
ON THE BENCH: ???? (a couple hundred or more....)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers' Nascar Modeling Forum Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: