Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Cup Race 5 - Laguna Seca

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Cup Race 5 - Laguna Seca Reply with quote

(Apologies for the "tape delayed" race. Meant to have this posted before I went to Carolina Rebellion and completely forgot. ^///^)

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixRUMwm43cA

KS: A warm welcome to sunny California and it's a great day for racing here at legendary Laguna Seca and the drivers of the 2018 Fantasy Cup Series will see if they can conquer the twists and turns of this great track. It's the Jim Beam 101! I'm Ken Squier and with me as always, Darrell Waltrip.

DW: It's a legendary track with a lot of tricks up its sleeve, Ken. It'll be fun to see who gets the checkers and who rides the wreckers!

KS: 46 laps will equal just over 101 miles and we now go trackside for the opening ceremony.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your hats for the playing of our national anthem."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBK-_7cDNUM

"Race fans, it's time for the most famous words in motorsports. Please welcome our grand marshall, 6-time Laguna Seca winner in the AMA Superbike Series, Josh Hayes!"

JH: Drivers, start your engines!

Green Flag

DW: Boogity boogity boogity! Let's go road racin'!

KS: And Edward Carl gets a massive jump over pole sitter Rob Stofel! They make their way through the slight left that is turn 1 and barrel towards the hairpin of turn 2!

DW: And the 71G of Georgia 's side-by-side with her teammate too!

KS: And now they pass that big "tire" bridge and into turn 4. Carl with the slight edge but will barely manage to hold off the Chevrolet of Stofel.

DW: And it looks like the 40 of Starlin's already makin' a few gutsy moves.

KS: And he gives Georgia a little nudge and goes to 5th. The leaders coming off of turn 6 down the Rahal Straight and towards the "corkscrew."

DW: Gettin' through there is a mess, you're ziggin' and zaggin'. Oh, and did I mention it's downhill!

KS: And they all manage to get down the hill for the first time and through turn 9.

DW: These guys must not know it's just the first lap. I think I already see a donut in the door of the 19!

KS: Turns 10 and 11 behind them and Edward Carl will lead the first lap at Laguna Seca!

Lap 9

KS: And the points leader, Darth Vader's got a windshield full of the 46. He's gonna take him through turn 5 and get the advantage from the inside.

DW: Ken, I'm not so sure he didn't use a little bit of "force" because Sealey got a tick loose there.

Lap 15

DW: I don't know what it is about that 40 car but it is FAST! He just blew past Georgia snd he's got his eyes on Vader.

KS: And how about Hick Strutlin? The kid from Mt. Airy, North Carolina right there with him.

Lap 23

KS: We're at the halfway point and something is amiss on the 88. Smoke pouring out of the exhaust as he drops to the back and limps off of turn 10 and towards the access road to the garage area. Apparently, the engine has given way. Caution is out.

Lap 25

KS: And we're back underway. All but teams taking 4 tires and they will lead'em down to the green. It's the 40 and the 6.

Lap 32

KS: Strutlin putting those 4 fresher tires to use! He's got Vader in his right side window. Now he's gonna put him in the rear view and set his sights on the leader Merling Starlin.

Lap 41

DW: Ken, I can't believe those 2 old tires have lasted this long but Starlin's still putting down fast laps!

KS: But so is the number 3 Ford. He's cut the deficit down to 3 car lengths.

DW: A little further back, I just saw ol' Razorback get a little off track but he held it together.

KS: And nearly collected Ricky Marcis but they continue on.

White Flag

KS: And here we arrive at the last lap. Strutlin has closed the gap between himself and Starlin. The 40's gonna hold him off in the hairpin but just barely.

DW: Hick's got a heck of a run though. He's door to door with him.

KS: And they remain side by side as they head into turn 4.

DW: Whoa! Hick got a little off track there but he's still right there with him! Unbelievable!

KS: As they barrel through turn 6, Strutlin can't make it stick. He get's right on the bumper as Starlin throws the block.

DW: Ken, I think someone better tell these boys drafting doesn't work at a road coarse!

KS: And Starlin goes a little wide in turn 6. And once again they are neck and neck. Into the corkscrew, zigging and zagging, they touch! Strutlin with the advantage! He leads down the short chute and through turn 9.

DW: Ken, I don't know who's more nervous right now, the drovers or me!

KS: Out of turn 10, into the final turn. Starlin's going to try the inside. Can't close the deal. They come to the line and the Jim Beam 101 at Laguna Seca belongs to Mount Airy, North Carolina's Hick Strutlin! And what a performance by both of these guys, Darrell!

DW: Ken, I'm shakin'! That was wild! These boys were almost wreckin' that whole lap!!

KS: And now the rundown for the rest of the field. Darth Vader turns in a solid 3rd place finish followed by the Ford of Edward Carl in 4th and the Buick of Georgia in 5th.

DW: Ricky Marcis comes home in 6th, JR "Razorback" Sealey and Lee "Spud" Loggins round out 7th and 8th.

KS: And the pole sitter with a heartbreaking engine failure will be scored in 9th. Darrell, have you ever seen a battle like that?

DW: Not in a while, Ken! I swear, it's a wonder those 2 hot rods ain't piled up on the tire barriers. They gave it everything they could and it was a heck of a battle!!

KS: That it was. For Darrell Waltrip, I'm Ken Squier. Thank you for tuning in, we'll see you next week at the Delaware International Speedway for the Krispy Kreme 100.
Djaustinj53

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Laguna Seca Reply with quote

Could it be safe to say the Krispy Kreme 100 is known as the "Run for the Doughnuts"? (A little Kentucky Derby humor - Very little).
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Laguna Seca Reply with quote

Djaustinj53 wrote:
Could it be safe to say the Krispy Kreme 100 is known as the "Run for the Doughnuts"? (A little Kentucky Derby humor - Very little).
I'll allow it!! Mr. Green

Fun Fact: Krispy Kreme used to (and may still) give donuts to the winning teams in each race at Bowman Gray Stadium. It was called the "Sweet Taste of Victory Award."
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Since Hick and Vader each have a win, no 2nd place finishes, and a 3rd place finish, Hick is the leader by virtue of him having 2 4th place finishes.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: