Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is this (Davey Allison 1987-1988 1/18 scale resin)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scatpack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: What is this (Davey Allison 1987-1988 1/18 scale resin)? Reply with quote

Just wondering what this is:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-RARE-DAVEY-ALLISON-HAVOLINE-28-1-18-MOLD-1-1-PROTOTYPE-RAY-OSBORNE/282910956357?hash=item41dece9b45:g:mJYAAOSwtJFauBrx
stewrtfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen one of these in years! I have about six of them I bought back in the mid eighties.
They are a resin type material and were made to paint to match the race car. They have outlines of the numbers and the sponsors so it was pretty easy to paint.
I have mine put away in a safe place but will hopefully get back on display one day soon. Maybe even post some pictures.

I have Dale Earnhardt's Wrangler Monte Carlo, Darrell Waltrip's Budwieser Monte Carlo,Neil Bonnett's Budwieser Monte Carlo, Richard Petty's STP Grand Prix 2+2, Kyle Petty's 7/11 Thunderbird & Bill Elliott's Coors Thunderbird.
As a Geoff Bodine fan I bought another Monte Carlo kit and filled in all the lines and made a replica of his Daytona 500 winner.

These things were really interesting and a nice addition to my NASCAR collection.

I don't believe I ever got the Davey Allison car but will have to look in the box I've kept them in all these years.

Thanks for sharing this car with us as it brings back a lot of memories.
Vernon
john843

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are a new one on me. Had no clue what it was , interesting though.

John
scatpack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewrtfan wrote:
I haven't seen one of these in years! I have about six of them I bought back in the mid eighties.
They are a resin type material and were made to paint to match the race car. They have outlines of the numbers and the sponsors so it was pretty easy to paint.
I have mine put away in a safe place but will hopefully get back on display one day soon. Maybe even post some pictures.

I have Dale Earnhardt's Wrangler Monte Carlo, Darrell Waltrip's Budwieser Monte Carlo,Neil Bonnett's Budwieser Monte Carlo, Richard Petty's STP Grand Prix 2+2, Kyle Petty's 7/11 Thunderbird & Bill Elliott's Coors Thunderbird.
As a Geoff Bodine fan I bought another Monte Carlo kit and filled in all the lines and made a replica of his Daytona 500 winner.

These things were really interesting and a nice addition to my NASCAR collection.

I don't believe I ever got the Davey Allison car but will have to look in the box I've kept them in all these years.

Thanks for sharing this car with us as it brings back a lot of memories.
Vernon

Glad to hear you collected the whole set! Never seen them before, it looks like the seller also has the Wrangler Earnhardt Monte Carlo as well. They look really good considering they were likely whittled from scratch then cast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: