Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Powerslide decals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
winstonhokie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Powerslide decals Reply with quote

Does anyone have any insight on future Powerslide decals?
Looking for decals of Fireball 1963 & 1964 Fords.

Also need decals for the follow and any help where to find would be greatly appreciated.
1962 Ned Jarrett Chevrolet
1964 Ned Jarrett Ford
octopusmotor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long, long ago I worked up accurate artwork for Fireball's late '63 cars, including his final win (at Augusta). It wouldn't take much arm-twisting for me to include the 1964 cars on it if I got good references - and if Mike or one of other screen-print producers wanted to print the sheet when I'm done. The old Yesterday's sheet for the 1963 cars was good but only went so far, and modern screen-printed decals for the Southern 500 winner, the last-win car, and the '64 cars are seriously needed.

Jodie Peeler
winstonhokie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awesome.
Slim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure could us a 63-64 sheet as well!
octopusmotor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where the artwork stands right now (and this is deliberately small, and it's watermarked, because I've had artwork stolen from me before). There's a lot left to go, but you can get an idea of what would be ahead:

If any of the screen-print people who might be reading this want to work with me on it, PM me. If this were to become a thing I would only be interested in having this screen-printed, not via ALPS or similar means.

Jodie Peeler
jim unger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

octopusmotor wrote:
This is where the artwork stands right now (and this is deliberately small, and it's watermarked, because I've had artwork stolen from me before). There's a lot left to go, but you can get an idea of what would be ahead:

If any of the screen-print people who might be reading this want to work with me on it, PM me. If this were to become a thing I would only be interested in having this screen-printed, not via ALPS or similar means.

Jodie Peeler

Jodi, I would be in for at least 2 sheets.
Jim
Petty/Wood Brothers tribute
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

octopusmotor wrote:
Long, long ago I worked up accurate artwork for Fireball's late '63 cars, including his final win (at Augusta). It wouldn't take much arm-twisting for me to include the 1964 cars on it if I got good references - and if Mike or one of other screen-print producers wanted to print the sheet when I'm done. The old Yesterday's sheet for the 1963 cars was good but only went so far, and modern screen-printed decals for the Southern 500 winner, the last-win car, and the '64 cars are seriously needed.

Jodie Peeler

Also, the artwork had some things not scaled properly on the old Yesterday's sheet. When I did Fireball's '64 about a hundred years ago I created some things on my ALPS at that time. I agree, a good Fireball sheet for '63-'64 would fill a hole.
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe JNJ also did some sheets of Fireball's
Bill
octopusmotor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere in my archives I have the JnJ sheet for Fireball's Holman-Moody Fords. At one point about two decades ago it had been my hope to combine the better elements of the JnJ sheet and the Yesterday's sheet to do the best version I could on a model of a '63 Galaxie. Then the more I looked at the photos the more I found could be improved in both cases, and since Fireball's last win was at Augusta (not far from where I live, and I've visited what's left of the old racetrack there) that really made me want to re-do the whole thing.

Given that the Yesterday's sheet is coming up on 20 years old and isn't getting any easier to find, and given that a lot more information has since come to light (especially thanks to all the information that's been posted on this board), it sure would be nice to have a new and updated sheet available. As I've posted above, I've got this much done and I would be more than willing to finish the art if one of the screen-print decal vendors wanted to work with me.

Jodie Peeler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: