Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ty Dillon/ #42 Throwback (Adventure Force)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papadoc

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2024 10:18 am    Post subject: Ty Dillon/ #42 Throwback (Adventure Force) Reply with quote

So after reading/seeing a few Adventure Force conversations, I decided to mess around with a bit!

Adventure Force is the Walmart line of remote controlled cars. They did a NASCAR set. I remember seeing somewhere online, I'm not sure if here or elsewhere, someone did a real nice looking Stenhouse car using this saying the body is relatively accurate.

Two remote controlled cars come in a set for about 22 bucks. In my case, i found them on clearance for 12 dollars, so that made me pop on them.

I didn't want to go too crazy with these, so I grabbed some clearance decals from Powerslide of cars I liked.

Overall this was a cool little project. While I like this Ty Dillon car, I probably wouldn't have wanted to put the time into a full model build. So I am really happy that this was an option and I did it all under 10 bucks.

For those curious I also included a picture of my Salvino's Chastain car for comparison.

A few notes;
When i first got it I thought the window glass was lame as heck. But once I put it together it didn't look so bad. Theres the obviously not realistic drivers side window net, but if you replaced this with actual glass all you'd be seeing inside is no detail. I'm not sure which one is better.

The side skirt decaling was skipped, not really room

I could have probably done more with the front end detailing, maybe with car #2

There is an obvious antenna hold on the hood as well.

Overall this was a fun little project and although obviously not 100% accurate I like having this. If you have kids around even cooler because they can actually run them!

20240501_104008

20240501_103954
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: