Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dale Jr. #88 Last Ride WiP "wheels off"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject: Dale Jr. #88 Last Ride WiP "wheels off" Reply with quote

got this one rolling a while back, pretty picture heavy. had to find some interior shots to see where all the camera logos went, pretty sure i got them down pat where they are supposed to be. just to rattle off what i used -

Revellogram kit

Powerslide decals

Tamiya - Insignia White for the interior, chassis and cage; gloss black for the greenouse; pure red for the body with a dusting of pearl clear

Brandon Miller - fuel filler (freakin' sweet piece right there), shifter, splitter, springs, hubs, rotors, calipers (the brake assembly is 3 parts total). i had also purchased some 2 piece Aero wheels (without lug nut or hub detail) of his but the bead isn't pronounced enough to base with silver sharpie and then hit with yellow, and they wouldn't "scrape" like a kit wheel...

RE: the wheels... i used the kit wheels, drilled away the hub, painted the lug nuts purple (well, sharpied them) and then cut away most of the wheel back piece to simulate the back of the rim.

also, used valve stems from Pro Tech.

made leg bolsters for the seat from the "template" that is on the Powerslide carbon fiber goodies sheet. and added to the window net to make it more accurate. added a bit of clear plastic to the spoiler, per photos of the car.

if i missed any detail, feel free to ask.

TN Vols fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!! The is one great looking model! Thank you for posting it.

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" quote from The Compleat Angler, lzzak Walton 1654
Scotty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is how you model! Well done sir!
Rattlecan Dan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's being pretty thorough. Great attention to detail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: