Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has this ever happened to you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
48RyMckCa48

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:31 pm    Post subject: Has this ever happened to you Reply with quote

You open up a model and start working on it, you work on it for a week or two, then get that itch to open up another model and you start working on it, and you work on it for a week or two remembering that you have started one and you need to go back and finish it, then that itch hits you a gene to open up another model kit, one that you have been wanting to build or a long time, so you go back in to the circle of opening kits and not finishing them.
Then in the mist of it all you start losing parts or you break parts and so on and so on.
I am in that fix and don't know what to do and I have got the itch to open up another model.
So what's the fix, I think I know the answer, it is put two or three of them in their boxes and finish one the go to the next then the next.

Thanks in advance
On the Bench: Marty Robbins Buick, 4 Saturday Night Stockers, #88 Crisco Car, AH-60L Dap Black Hawk Helicopter, Millennium Falcon. THATS ENOUGH!!!!
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have 25 projects going at once. Then I realize how many and I tell myself I have to finish a few before starting any more. I think ADD is common among model builders.
TN Vols fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I build them one at a time. I don't think that I have it in me mentally to have two or three balls in the air at once.

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" quote from The Compleat Angler, lzzak Walton 1654
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I start one, I usually finish it but it may take me months. Sometimes I get bored with a project and I box it up and back on the shelf it goes. That doesn't happen often. It is exciting to rip off the cellophane off a new kit.

Last edited by Dennis O on Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That only happened to me once when I realized I bought the wrong 1954 Hudson Hornet kit. I was building the 2 door sedan when I realzed I needed to be building the sportier 2 door version of the car. So I put it away till I could find the correct kit and I started on another build. I always build a model to completion before I start on another one.
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are all more disciplined than me, I must have dozens of kits in some form of completion or at least started. I only have one on the bench at a time, but I rarely build one from opening to finish with out getting sidetracked to something else. I have the attention span of a Golden retriever....see a squirrel and I'm off for the chase!
volkerc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmh, I had 3 going at once lately but only so I can get them done quicker, keep painting what needed to be painted with the same color which then sped up building.
Duane Garner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm like Dave, I typically have 20-25 going at the same time. No real reason, just the way I've done it for almost 63 years now
volkerc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duane Garner wrote:
I've done it for almost 63 years now
..up
jaws1972

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done this many times, start a kit, shelf it, come back to it, start another, etc.

This year I built my Harvick 29 Mustang and 12 Blaney at the same time so I could swap chassis parts to achieve my desired results.
naskoalcar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crime Dog wrote:
You guys are all more disciplined than me, I must have dozens of kits in some form of completion or at least started. I only have one on the bench at a time, but I rarely build one from opening to finish with out getting sidetracked to something else. I have the attention span of a Golden retriever....see a squirrel and I'm off for the chase!

Definitely the same for me,
I spend a lot of time on a kit; improvements, add pieces of plasticard for adjustments, preparation painting, painting, decal, clear and polish, so I never arrive at the end of these actions at once, when it lasts too long I do not support it anymore,I put away and I rush into my attic to select my next victim ... I may have about twenty models in progress, some started hummm... about twenty years ago. time in time I will see them, I open the box to ventilate them Laughing and I say to myself what a shame, there is no longer much to finish it.
What I can say is that I do the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: