Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-Slixx decals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:29 am    Post subject: Pre-Slixx decals Reply with quote

A very helpful gentleman on the board had a sheet of decals I was looking for and based on the packaging, they were a pre-Slixx Slixx sheet (if that makes sense) The decals were for 1991/1992 versions of Kulwicki’s Hooters Ford, and they look like early Slixx to me. The Petty FAT 1992 is the first sheet I think they numbered.

I believe I heard that a 1992 Elliot sheet was pre- Slixx as well. Might anyone know of any more from before they really went all in on NASCAR?
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know for sure, but the first set that I remember them doing was the Petty car from 84.
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Becky at Slixx, I was wrong about the year, but the first "official" set they did was Petty fan appreciation tour set #9243/1001.

you are right about a Kulwicki sheet pre Slixx, they were working with Dan Dunkin for the licensing when he was killed in the Bluntsville TN airplane crash that claimed Alan Kulwicki, Charlie Campbell pilot, and Mark Brooks.

Brooks and Dunkin were Hooters resturant executives.
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a follow up, Becky said there were "two or three" sets prior to Slixx decals, while she confirmed the Kulwicki set, she couldn't recall the others, but she didn't dispell the Elliott set either.

Hope this helps.
BrianP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to slixx.com for the first time in forever, and they have a selection of new old stock NASCAR sheets for sale. Lo and behold, they have 2 Kulwicki sheets available: a 1991 and a 1992 Ubderbird. They must really be cleaning out the closet!
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianP wrote:
I went to slixx.com for the first time in forever, and they have a selection of new old stock NASCAR sheets for sale. Lo and behold, they have 2 Kulwicki sheets available: a 1991 and a 1992 Ubderbird. They must really be cleaning out the closet!

Yeah, they do that from time to time. every once in a while you'll find a real gem hidden there. They are my go to decal source, especially for drag cars.
Taz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianP wrote:

WOW, learn something every day, did not know Slixx ever did those sheets.

Ron
BrianP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I placed and order, but Becky emailed me to say they were already gone. That’s a shame as I could have used at least one more Dynalube markings for my Kulwicki collection
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: