Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#14 Copenhagen 1989 Olds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject: #14 Copenhagen 1989 Olds Reply with quote

a few pics as i muddle through this build

the car started out as a yellow donor kit; primed grey then the lower section was primed with Tamiya red oxide primer, then shot with Tamiya bright orange, then Tamiya black. chassis/cage/bars/car interior is Testors flat red. wheels are 3D printed ones from Jim Rogers, shot with flat black and then Tamiya AS-12 bare metal silver.

everyone that chimed in on a previous post for the color for the lower body ("Foyt red") said that the roof decal was printed in the incorrect color by PS so it shouldn't match the lower body red; hopefully the red primer and bright orange is the trick

and apologies for the hastily shot photos, trying to do this and pack for vacation tomorrow Wink

1fozziebear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice. actually just finished a different version of the 1989 Olds about 2 weeks ago. Now working on the 1986.

Looks sweet. Miy car is more "orangey" than red and matches the decals well.
18degrees

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1fozziebear wrote:
nice. actually just finished a different version of the 1989 Olds about 2 weeks ago. Now working on the 1986.

Looks sweet. Miy car is more "orangey" than red and matches the decals well.

Where are the pics?
TN Vols fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've done a great job! I always liked Foyt's stock cars. They were all very clean (meaning basic paint jobs), uncluttered cars. That's one of the myriad of things that I hate about the modern era of race cars on all levels. But, that's just me.

Again, job well done!

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" quote from The Compleat Angler, lzzak Walton 1654
1fozziebear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the pics?

I know right. I don't use cloud services. Anything that was ever posted that I built I had sent to Billy or someone else to share. That was really the old site. Ill send you a pic or two but I'm not a big social or cloud media.guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: