Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Richie Evans Pinto Bodied Modified

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danh4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:03 am    Post subject: Richie Evans Pinto Bodied Modified Reply with quote

I started with the MPC Ridge Runner kit and built it pretty much out of the box as far as the frame, engine and body go. I did cut about 1/8" off the bottom of the firewall so that the front of the body would sit a bit lower and removed the scoop from the hood. I also made a new, larger fuel cell but wish I had moved it forward so that it doesn't hang out beyond the rear of the body so much.

Outer wheel halves and tires are from Plastic Performance Products and the ignition parts and air cleaner are from VGC Resins. Decals are from Ace Decals.

Turned out better than I had hoped but if I were to do it again I'd move the roll cage and seat rearward and do a few other little tweaks here and there.

-Dan

1fozziebear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fastest looking Pinto I've ever seen.
TN Vols fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work Dan! Even being a kid from the south, I used to keep up with Richie Evans and the other modified driver's up north. Every year at Christmas, my list always included a subscription to the Cavalcade of Racing paper and Stock Car Racing magazine. Through those, I became a fan of Richie's even though I never went to an asphalt modified race.

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" quote from The Compleat Angler, lzzak Walton 1654
Shepard327

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic looking Build!!!! The Rapid Roman!!! They don't make them like him anymore.
Danh4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TN Vols fan wrote:
Excellent work Dan! Even being a kid from the south, I used to keep up with Richie Evans and the other modified driver's up north. Every year at Christmas, my list always included a subscription to the Cavalcade of Racing paper and Stock Car Racing magazine. Through those, I became a fan of Richie's even though I never went to an asphalt modified race.

Thanks! I was lucky enough to grow up in Central New York and one of my earliest memories of anything was sitting in the stands at Utica-Rome Speedway. I don't know if Richie Evans was running that night but I distinctly remember Buzzie Reutimann's "00" going by and being fascinated by a little green light on his dash. That must have been 1967 or so. I do know I watched Richie at Shangri-La and Oswego many years later but like you I was a fan through magazines and papers. Right now I'm reading his biography "Richie!" by Bones Bourcier, highly recommended!

-Dan
Danh4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shepard327 wrote:
Fantastic looking Build!!!! The Rapid Roman!!! They don't make them like him anymore.

Thanks! They sure don't.

-Dan
Danh4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1fozziebear wrote:
Fastest looking Pinto I've ever seen.

Thanks!

-Dan
Henryjint

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY NICELY DONE!!!!
bighoo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great - what paint did you use?
Danh4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bighoo wrote:
Looks great - what paint did you use?

I used Tamiya's bottled lacquer and the orange was mixed from LP-51 Pure Orange and LP-39 Racing White. Their Racing white is actually an off-white, cream color so it knocks down the intensity of the orange when added to it. I sprayed it over a gray primer.

-Dan
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful looking Modified!!
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best rendition of that car I have seen. Everything looks exactly right about it. You should definitely be happy about the way this build turned out. By the way, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to more of your builds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: