Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Available now - 9-slot wheels for 1/16 AMT kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elcejay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:01 am    Post subject: Available now - 9-slot wheels for 1/16 AMT kits Reply with quote

I bought a set of 1/24 3D printed wheels from a guy (Ken of Get Your Kit On, aka GYKO) who lives nearby and he was interested in my request for 9-slot wheels for the 1/16 AMT T-Birds and Pontiacs. He is now offering them on eBay.

The hub assembly has been enlarged slightly since this image I have uploaded on flickr (see link below - I tried to upload it as an image, but it did not work, hence my multiple edits of this post - how do you display flickr images here, mods? I followed the FAQ - is it flickr that's the problem?)

The photo shows Ken's wheel in an AMT 1/16 tyre. They look great. The wheel you see in the photo is a quick mock-up by me - the raw resin wheel coated with AK True Metal Steel - wax paint in a tube applied with a Q-tip and buffed up a few hours later. The resin parts replicate the kit parts - a 1 for 1 swap. The link below is for the wheels and tyres. See his other items for the wheels only.

Ken has also done up a prototype 9-slot wheel for the 1/16 MPC Charger which he will offer soon.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/354834119491?hash=item529dc2fb43:g:3v4AAOSwFh9kgDd3&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwJ9BbyZ1GB4OUgcUq3zeU4kQlWIGjvYM6wZlNi8qz8U9nAkUrnH%2BMbB7tuVP2xENRf%2B6gALxdlWf0g%2FMLAAbmh5lFzAN8jMFy6XZycGP7DdIyYm0NQTtYCyS4pSsFXpdJ4tFkCFiQ761DhTEpCD1%2B8jUbPSMn5IwDHSRAZ%2B4mkYXhks6ATvrzsvWWgtSug25SKpajvvz4T3W8dsqUITkPmEuM096lIJ17MiAUxE2txHEoGnLstUXj4rKyWEcsdHkHA%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_aKuamgYg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183736965@N08/53008095321/in/dateposted-public/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: