Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help on Hauler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frenchpl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:30 am    Post subject: Help on Hauler Reply with quote

Hi All ,
this one soon will be released overhere in France .

seems rather correct , compared with original one.

can someone tell if the all-white Ken is correct for the whole season ?
Other thing , i think that this all blue roof is not good

have you some pix from above, showing the correct markings on this roof ?
thanx a lot for your help !
patrick from France
martinfan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photo you posted is not the team race hauler, that is the souvenir hauler that is owned and operated by a 3rd party .

The 1998 hauler is probably going to very similar to the 1997 hauler which looks like this.

frenchpl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinfan wrote:
The photo you posted is not the team race hauler, that is the souvenir hauler that is owned and operated by a 3rd party .

The 1998 hauler is probably going to very similar to the 1997 hauler which looks like this.

thanx a lot for the right information !
without you, I wouls have been mistaken !
frenchpl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenchpl wrote:
martinfan wrote:

thanx a lot for the right information !
without you, I wouls have been mistaken !

you think that it could explainthe missing of any markings of Penske Racing, and the very little size of major sponsor, compared to the size of Rusty's Taurus ?
George Andrews

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2nd photo posted is of the race car hauler. Look carefully at the roof and you can see it is recessed, with the various rooftop railings barely visible, laying down in the recess. This feature allows the hauler to clear low overheads at several NASCAR tracks, as well as some highway overpasses.
Once the race car haulers arrive at the track they are usually parked in order of the race car driver's present point standing. The rear door drops down to become a liftgate for the car(s), and during on-track activities several ladders are used to gain access to the upper level of the hauler interior, as well as the rooftop.
Often times the race car hauler is re-purposed after a few years, ( or if a change in team sponsorship occurs ) into a show car hauler. NASCAR teams will also sell older haulers to other teams ( NASCAR West / ARCA, Trucks, WoO, NHRA/ etc. ) Old team car transporters do not make good souvenir haulers due to their specific design as a rolling shop facility. Most NASCAR teams have lease / maintenance deals with various commercial tractor / trailer suppliers; Penske Racing uses ... ( wait for it ) ... PENSKE Leasing ! Rolling Eyes NASCAR itself repurposed its' old Busch Grand National hauler as the K&N West / ARCA West Series official hauler. It carries scales, ramps, and all other items needed by race officials during an event, as well as providing office space AND the dreaded " You have been summoned to the NASCAR Hauler " ROOM OF DOOM.
frenchpl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Andrews wrote:
The 2nd photo posted is of the race car hauler. Look carefully at the roof and you can see it is recessed, with the various rooftop railings barely visible, laying down in the recess. This feature allows the hauler to clear low overheads at several NASCAR tracks, as well as some highway overpasses.
Once the race car haulers arrive at the track they are usually parked in order of the race car driver's present point standing. The rear door drops down to become a liftgate for the car(s), and during on-track activities several ladders are used to gain access to the upper level of the hauler interior, as well as the rooftop.
Often times the race car hauler is re-purposed after a few years, ( or if a change in team sponsorship occurs ) into a show car hauler. NASCAR teams will also sell older haulers to other teams ( NASCAR West / ARCA, Trucks, WoO, NHRA/ etc. ) Old team car transporters do not make good souvenir haulers due to their specific design as a rolling shop facility. Most NASCAR teams have lease / maintenance deals with various commercial tractor / trailer suppliers; Penske Racing uses ... ( wait for it ) ... PENSKE Leasing ! Rolling Eyes NASCAR itself repurposed its' old Busch Grand National hauler as the K&N West / ARCA West Series official hauler. It carries scales, ramps, and all other items needed by race officials during an event, as well as providing office space AND the dreaded " You have been summoned to the NASCAR Hauler " ROOM OF DOOM.

thanx for explanation. it reminds me some obvious things i should have remember. the opening system is obviously on the side for the merchandising trucks , though they are of course , on the back for Race Haulers .
almost 30 years ago , i spent 2 days in the infield at Martinsville: sure the back of the Hauler dont look like the Merchandising ones , i 've seen around the track.

[img]https://zupimages.net/up/23/24/893y.bmp[/img]
[img]https://zupimages.net/up/23/24/893y.bmp[/img]
that difference did not be considered by the company that makes these US trucks..... Though, they yet release a CITGO one , which seems to be quite accurate :

anyway, big thanx for your help
Wood Brothers Junkie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Citgo race truck kit? If so, where can I get one?
frenchpl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wood Brothers Junkie wrote:
There is a Citgo race truck kit? If so, where can I get one?

hi,
it is not a Kit
it 's a die cast ( zamack + plastic ) built from a Collection by Altaya aver her in Europe
France / Spain & maybe Italy.60 ( and more ? ) USA trucks
may be look on Ebay
TN Vols fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little off topic, but I've always liked those old Ford big trucks.

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" quote from The Compleat Angler, lzzak Walton 1654
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: