Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

66 Charger fire extinguishers system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ediskrad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject: 66 Charger fire extinguishers system Reply with quote

Was the 66 Dodge Charger inboard fire extinguisher system be the tall container behind driver as I have seen in other brand photos?
C5HM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not believe that Mopar cars used the same Ansul "Purple K" system employed by Holman Moody cars. The shots I have seen show only a small, hand held "hardware store" style manual fire extinguisher in Nichels cars. I have sent a photo to Tom Mooty and asked that he post it.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took me a couple of days, I've been covered up with work activities lately. Here are the photos Dr. Craft provided.

For what it's worth I don't recall seeing any other kind of fire suppression system except the small extinguisher myself either. I suppose having the charred seat belt latch of one of your drivers and friends residing in your desk drawer as a reminder tends to make a car owner a bit more aware of mitigating risks. And before anyone asks, the dual cooler setup in the one photo wasn't typical. Note how the hoses from the passenger side cooler run forward, I believe this was a transmission cooler for Riverside.

C5HM

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Charger fire extinguishers system Reply with quote

ediskrad wrote:
Was the 66 Dodge Charger inboard fire extinguisher system be the tall container behind driver as I have seen in other brand photos?

Did you find the photos posted helpful?
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this shot of Buddy Bakers 1966 Charger with the old Firepak system. Apparently, he was driving for Ray Fox at the time. those 2 pictures above look like Plymouth Belvederes and might be from 1967.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: