Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1966 Fairlane Chassis Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjsipes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:55 pm    Post subject: 1966 Fairlane Chassis Question Reply with quote

I'm planning some 66 Fairlane builds in the future and trying to collect what will be needed. I wanted to check with those in the know, can I use the Polar Lights Talladega chassis under the AMT 1966 Fairlane body to get an accurate model? Would save some time and work.
jh63fan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the best way in my opinion. These were leaf spring cars with twin shocks.
The front roll cage hoop around the engine compartment needs to be shortened some as it will hit the back of the grill, the Talladega had an extended nose. If you use the PPP wheels, grind the back hubs down almost flush to bring the wheels in some.
Look for the thread about the 67 Fairlane in this category. Lots of pictures and Dr Craft provided a lot of expert information
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry Barton does the hood and grill in resin that is correct for model. For those that want to use kit chassis, he also does an interior tub that fits.
Bill
Firefly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front clip on the PL has a squared-off fabbed look. The Fairlanes would of course have a factory Galaxie front frame. Not a dealbreaker!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: