Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ross Chastain Nextgen Camaro first cup win car , COTA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:09 pm    Post subject: Ross Chastain Nextgen Camaro first cup win car , COTA Reply with quote

Finally finished this one. Took 94 hours. the only paint on the body is where I fixed the left roof strip, I polished the raw body , futured it, then decaled it, then re-futured it. I added dash panel, switch plate, wiper blade and turned the superspeedway rear spoiler into a 4 inch spoiler. Probably my last nextgen build. Just too frustrating. I also lost one of the decals. see if you can find where it was supposed to go on the model. I will make one when I make the decals for my next build.

MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. The watermelon does not come in the kit.

albymoore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busy looking car graphics wise. All decals I assume? 

Cheers,
Albert
Henryjint

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY nicely done!!!
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

albymoore wrote:
Busy looking car graphics wise. All decals I assume? 

Cheers,
Albert

Yes, Albert. They are all decals. No way I could have free hand painted any of that stuff. The whole roof is a decal. The front fenders and the entire nose is decals. They come in sections, and you have to overlap them just right to apply them.
Old Coyote

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tremendous build sir ... most impressive ... way beyond my Nascar cars ...
MarkJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Coyote wrote:
Tremendous build sir ... most impressive ... way beyond my Nascar cars ...

Thanks, John. But I've seen your builds, and I beg to differ. I could never approach your level of high-quality paint finishes nor your cleanliness of build. But I will never stop trying. You should try at least one of these Nextgen cars. I'm sure you could knock one of these out of the park. They go together well if you can just understand the instructions, which I'm sure you could do.
elcejay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful build Mark, and thanks for sharing it. I was worried about how well/easily the decals would work on the busier liveries of the Salvinos next gen car range. It looks great! Was it onerous getting the decals to go where you wanted them to go?
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elcejay wrote:
Beautiful build Mark, and thanks for sharing it. I was worried about how well/easily the decals would work on the busier liveries of the Salvinos next gen car range. It looks great! Was it onerous getting the decals to go where you wanted them to go?

Thanks, elcejay. On the onerous question, I would have to say that yes it was quite a burden. The grayscale Camo decals were not fun at all. and all of the small decals around the nose openings were difficult to place correctly because they were not sized right. You just have to do it with a happy medium being your target and try not to duplicate your reference pictures of the real car. It's impossible to do. I can see why a lot of guys are just freelancing on their builds and kinda making one-of-a-kind fantasy builds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: