Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Gen Camaro question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:42 pm    Post subject: Next Gen Camaro question Reply with quote

So i have been slowly plugging away at a Salvinos Camaro for a while now, and came across a problem.

Lemme preface this with i have been following the instructions very closely, making sure that the left side suspension parts are on the left side and the right side parts were separated.

I have the passenger side suspension glued in place and when i line up the part where the brake and wheel mount to, it tilts in severely at the top. I haven’t glued it in place yet, just the upper and lower arms and i guess what would be the steering gear that goes perpendicular to the front of the engine cage.

The upper and lower arms look to be lined up evenly.

I’m baffled at this point. Any guidance would be appreciated.
jaws1972

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say majority of mine are like that too. I've tried removing lower ball joint, still not fully vertical. I put my tires on, level car with thick cardboard or pennies, & hope for the best.
18degrees

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else have any input or thoughts?
hillybilly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't got that far in building one yet. Maybe in a week or two, but is it maybe that they modeled the correct camber? Usually the passenger side has a large amount of negative camber and the driver's side positive.
hurricane21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed the same thing on every Next Gen I've built (6 I think). I take my exacto knife and carefully make the wheel's lug hole a little bigger. This allows me to manipulate the tire/wheel when I put it on so its straight and not leaning in at the top.
martinfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its camber , it supposed to be that way, I think it might be bit too much though, I adjusted it on the ones I built too.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the control arms are not upside down. you can actually install them upside down and it will create all kinds of problems. I had trouble with this on the rear suspension and if you do it wrong the tire will mount to far back in the fender opening and you won't be able to install the half shafts to the rear end. Just keep trying every way possible until it fits correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: