Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Polar Lights Dodge Charger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:32 am    Post subject: Polar Lights Dodge Charger Reply with quote

Hello all,
I’m working on the PL Dodge Charger, the Buddy Baker K&K Insurance and I’m just curious if the roll cage is proportion? Looking at the bars they look over sized. I have been toying with the idea of replacing them with some .08mm rod.
Has anyone built the car and feels the bars are all good?
Thanks,
Shayne
spooker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/16" rod is 1-1/2" dia. in 1/25 scale. .080 rod is 2" in 1/25. I don't remember what the P/L rollcage measures, but I recall it was larger than .080.
Maybe just replace the upper portions that show? Leave the original wherever padding would be? Big project, no matter what!
Firefly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that replacing just the visible bars would be enough. I would replace the front A-pillar bars and the upper bar that connects it back to the main roll bar. I would design those so they hug closely to the bodywork. That roll bar visible at the back of the side window would be thickly padded so you could leave that alone.
Shunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys…
Shunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be a pain, now that I have painted the bottom section of the front guards, the grill area underneath would they have been black or aluminium?
Firefly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shunter wrote:
Sorry to be a pain, now that I have painted the bottom section of the front guards, the grill area underneath would they have been black or aluminium?

Guards? Is there another term for that?
Do you mean the metal pan below the bumper? I believe the screens would be aluminum.
Shunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last question, with the Polar Lights chassis, are you able to build it up like the Revell kits of the standard car?
I’d like to paint it all in one go like I usually do with a normal Nascar chassis.
Just haven’t done one before so a little lost with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: