Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please beware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
48RyMckCa48

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject: Please beware Reply with quote

I have bought two kit on line 1. the mac tools Limited Edition Thunderbird and 2. the #15 Quality Care Thunderbird probably the same kit different nane.
Both kits slied kits open the Tool limited edition thunderbird kit going through the kits finding part missing, in fact a hole tree is missing so that kit is junk, so go to the Quality Care Thunderbird kit open it up take out the parts and find that the same tree is missing out of the kit, well both kits are junk because the company is out of business so I am out of $30.00 and need these kit to complete my Lake Speed builds. Just be ware before buying these kits

thanks
On the Bench: Marty Robbins Buick, 4 Saturday Night Stockers, #88 Crisco Car, AH-60L Dap Black Hawk Helicopter, Millennium Falcon. THATS ENOUGH!!!!
48RyMckCa48

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject: Just happen again Reply with quote

Opened up a another #28 Mac tools Mac Stock Car
and missing another tree of parts, what the heck is going on? same part missing. Dont buy the #28 Ma Mac Tools t-bird stock Car kit its a rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now Im down 3 kits to do my Lake Speeds builds!

Company is out of business and I'm screwed
On the Bench: Marty Robbins Buick, 4 Saturday Night Stockers, #88 Crisco Car, AH-60L Dap Black Hawk Helicopter, Millennium Falcon. THATS ENOUGH!!!!
iceman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that is the 1989 thru 1993 thunderbird kits I can help you out with the trees that are missing, have some extra trees with the parts still on the tree.
Have to see how many I have.
Let me know witch trees are missing.
Joe

Last edited by iceman on Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which tree are these missing???? These LE kits came bagged from Monogram.
spooker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ever panic if you are missing Monogram or even AMT NASCAR parts. Some of us on here (like me) have TONS of parts, started, and scrapped kits to help you out.
48RyMckCa48

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:12 am    Post subject: Trees Reply with quote

I will have to look to see what is missing, my question is why are parts missing, the kits were sealed and they were bagged too. 3 kits!

Thanks for helping me out
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cellophane wrappers are not hard to come by and resealing plastic bags can be done with a kitchen appliance. I would be somewhat suspicious of my supplier. One kit maybe but three is like power ball odds. That said they may have been sold these by someone else.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis O wrote:
Cellophane wrappers are not hard to come by and resealing plastic bags can be done with a kitchen appliance. I would be somewhat suspicious of my supplier. One kit maybe but three is like power ball odds. That said they may have been sold these by someone else.

I bought a shrink wrap/bag sealer for my decal biz........some people may use them in a dishonest way.....only thing I can figure. Never had a whole tree missing in a Monogram kit.
48RyMckCa48

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:27 pm    Post subject: trees Reply with quote

No these kits were factory sealed and bought from different sellers
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: trees Reply with quote

48RyMckCa48 wrote:
No these kits were factory sealed and bought from different sellers

I can make a open kit look factory sealed if I wanted....people do that. Right down to the vent holes!!!!
i worked for Accurate Miniatures wrapping kits for a few yeas!
48RyMckCa48

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:33 pm    Post subject: Trees needed Reply with quote

Ok here is the kit that the trees are missing out of, its the #28 Mac Tools Driven by Ernie Irvan. Tree missing X 2 is the one with the rear axle on it 1994 Monogram. Let me know what this will set me back.

Shipping is to Albuquerque, NM 87111

Thanks
Duane Garner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have a bunch of parts kits that I've robbed tires, wheels, etc from. Keep us posted on what you need. I'm right over here in Clovis, NM. So anything I may send you will be free! Just ask that you help other modelers when you can. PM me with your needs if you want
Rocketman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spooker wrote:
Don't ever panic if you are missing Monogram or even AMT NASCAR parts. Some of us on here (like me) have TONS of parts, started, and scrapped kits to help you out.

Me too- have lots and lots and lots and lots of AMT & Monogram parts, kits, canon fodder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: