Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salvino's vs. Polar Lights Charger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nascarwow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject: Salvino's vs. Polar Lights Charger Reply with quote

I have had two 1973 Polar Lights Charger kits for some time which I have not yet built. It has been panned quite a bit on the site. I am wondering if it is worth it to buy the Salvino's version instead or is it basically the same kit?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PL Charger has issues.....while the JR Charger is better it is not perfect either.
The PL Charger issues are mostly in the body......some can be helped. It boils down to what you want. With mods the PL makes a decent shelf model. Here is my PL kit with minor body mods.......all just sanding and shaping.
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salvino's chassis looks like they copied most of it from the Polar Lights, including the huge transmission hump. It also has elements of the 1970's MPC generic Nascar chassis.

Salvino's body is by far superior to the Polar Lights, it is the worst body Polar Lights did and Salvino's Charger is probably the best body they have tooled, so far, although the 1970's Mpc body is the still the best for a Charger like that.

It's a toss-up, with me giving the slight edge to Salvino's , due to the body.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary has it right......I built my PL Chargers when that is what we had......I'd not buy more most likely.
nascarwow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies and input. My biggest concern would have been the body and fitment. It sounds like my best bet would be to go with the Salvino's kits.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: