Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lorenzen @ Southern 500 1970

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frenchpl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:44 am    Post subject: Lorenzen @ Southern 500 1970 Reply with quote

Hi All
i saw a video of that race , and Lorenzen is at the wheel of a J. Johnson Talladega. Can someone tell me Why tis JJ's car is red (usually, think they were white ? ) and why there's a Yellow Rookie Sign at the back, though Fast Freddy was no more a beginner in 70 ?
thanx for all possible explanations !
bangor boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great race video. The immortal voice of Bud Lindemann doing commentary.

One article I saw says Lorenzen had to use the yellow stripes at Talladega in '70 because he'd never raced there before. Maybe it's because of his 3 year absence from the sport.
frenchpl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bangor boy wrote:
Great race video. The immortal voice of Bud Lindemann doing commentary.

One article I saw says Lorenzen had to use the yellow stripes at Talladega in '70 because he'd never raced there before. Maybe it's because of his 3 year absence from the sport.

Many thanx for that !
any idea about red color ? Wink
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darlington had a rookie test like Indianapolis in those days. I think it had been more than 3 years since Lorenzen raced there so he had to pass the rookie test again and run as a rookie at that track.
frenchpl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom M. wrote:
Darlington had a rookie test like Indianapolis in those days. I think it had been more than 3 years since Lorenzen raced there so he had to pass the rookie test again and run as a rookie at that track.

Thanx a lot for that, Tom ! very clear now.
but, we still try to find why the Lorenzen's JJ Ford was red ?
any idea ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: