Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mossing links......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:47 pm    Post subject: Mossing links...... Reply with quote

Ok, let's just say for arguments sake that Salvinos or any model company for that matter ,stepped up and produced the perfect gray or darkside kit. What one would it be?
The Montego, the square Bird, the 85 TBird, the 78 Buick Century, the Chevy Malibu, the Celebrity, the correct GP 2+2, A decent Lemans, the Mirada, the Daytona Charger, the Plymouth SuperBird?

What would be your choice, and which one (if any) is the most likely to see the light of day?

For me, the winged cars are the most obvious.

Just curious of other opinions.
jh63fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, a race only version of the Superbird would be my first choice.
Even though it was a bit of a dog on the race track, a Magnum would fill a hole in a lot of peoples Petty collection.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DODGE Magnum, and the Mirada / Cordoba cousins.
tomcat65

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1979-80 Chevrolet Caprice/Impala
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I started my own company (heh) I would start with an accurate 115" Banjo chassis, engineered for two or three different cage locations so it would work with different bodies. I would use the same cage, just different bars connecting it to the front and rear clips. I would get the GM license first and tool a body that had interchangeable inserts from the get-go to mold a '73, a '74, and a '75-'76 Malibu and Laguna; a correct Olds 442, and a Buick Century. Second investment would be a different body mold with inserts for the front and rear firewalls and different cage connectors to stick a Monte Carlo body on that Banjo chassis. The body would be inserted to do everything from '73-'77. Next, I would get the Ford license and while I was working on new body, firewalls, glass, and instrument panel along with an honest to God Ford engine to adapt a '72-'76 Torino to that chassis I would be tooling up a good, accurate 110" Banjo chassis and a superspeedway '83-'89 Monte Carlo body with the proper inserts and parts to make the major year to year variations. Then I would tool up a good correct superspeedway '83-'88 Thunderbird body with associated parts so that it would attach to the same basic 110" Banjo chassis and cage. I would do a slightly simplified short track Banjo chassis without all the extra tinwork for Late Model Sportsman bodies and those bodies would be a '68-'72 Nova/Ventura with the correct inserts, a '75 Nova/Ventura/Omega, and a '78 Grand Am short track body.

After that I would probably go back and start to fill in the gaps where there were only 2-3 different cars per bodystyle. Montego GT, regular Montego with Cougar inserts, '77-'79 Impala/Caprice. Then I would tool up a better half-chassis Ford chassis and a W-nose Cyclone body plus a '70-'71 Cyclone body that would be correct.
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do I invest in that compay?!
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom: When can you start? I would just tweak the order a little bit Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: