Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1981 Bobby Allison Tuf-Lon Pontiac Lemans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject: 1981 Bobby Allison Tuf-Lon Pontiac Lemans Reply with quote

I did quite a bit of body modifications based on an article written by Drew Hierwarter. I shortened the front end and hood, reshaped the window openings, and moved the fuel filler. I filed the headlights to simulate the scallops on the side. I modified the exhaust. I also used the Tuf-Lon rear fender decals from the Monte Carlo kit since they looked like they were sized properly.

Link to body mods: http://randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/viewtopic.php?p=36079#36079

Crime Dog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notworthy beavis ..cheers
Thats the car they should have molded, but you made a nice save and I'm inspired to fix mine!
George Andrews

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job !!! Did the kit decals work out OK ??? This past summer, a weekly racer at Evergreen Speedway Monroe,WA., had a kinda - sorta 1981 LeMans, complete with the Tuf - Lon paint scheme and tiny WINSTON CUP Series decals on each door. The car was fast too !!!
randman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Andrews wrote:
Great Job !!! Did the kit decals work out OK ??? This past summer, a weekly racer at Evergreen Speedway Monroe,WA., had a kinda - sorta 1981 LeMans, complete with the Tuf - Lon paint scheme and tiny WINSTON CUP Series decals on each door. The car was fast too !!!

Yes, the kit decals were fine (other than the Tuf-Lon on the kit sheet being too large in my opinion).

Are you talking about Doug Poirier in the 57? Evergreen is my home track.

https://www.mewrightsportsphotos.com/2022-Street-Stocks/Doug-Poirier-Street-Stock/
Henryjint

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY nicely done!!!!
George Andrews

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

randman wrote:
George Andrews wrote:

Yes, the kit decals were fine (other than the Tuf-Lon on the kit sheet being too large in my opinion).

Are you talking about Doug Poirier in the 57? Evergreen is my home track.

https://www.mewrightsportsphotos.com/2022-Street-Stocks/Doug-Poirier-Street-Stock/

Yes !!! That's the guy. The missus & I saw him race LMS the Saturday of the ARCA / NASCAR West event, then a few weeks later during the Evergreen Fair. Very Competitive Racer...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: