Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tamiya Mini Cooper Monte Carlo '67

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: Tamiya Mini Cooper Monte Carlo '67 Reply with quote

I've had this kit for around 25 years, building it off and on. I guess I wanted the building pleasure to last. It is a gem of a kit with incredible parts fit. As good as a kit gets. I had airbrushed tamiya acrylics, and maybe I wasn't pleased with the lack of gloss I would get from a can of lacquer, which made me put it aside for a while. I polished it fairly well more recently, and might give it a Future coat. The only real anxiety was with the fragile decals. Maybe the age did something, but they cracked apart quite easily. I'll need to do some touch-ups with paint in a few spots.

spooker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a neat little bugger, Bill! I remember when the "mini-stocks" class first started around here, a local guy used one of those at a local paved track, he cleaned up! All the rear drive cars couldn't keep up.
TN Vols fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it just how it is. Great model!

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" quote from The Compleat Angler, lzzak Walton 1654
TonyK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice job on this kit. I think it looks fine just the way it is. Remember, it shouldn't look like it's sitting in a showroom.

I remember building this model many years ago and it was very enjoyable as any Tamiya kit usually is.
Racer14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very neat little build!
Henryjint

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very neat build!!!
Firefly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyK wrote:
Very nice job on this kit. I think it looks fine just the way it is. Remember, it shouldn't look like it's sitting in a showroom.

I remember building this model many years ago and it was very enjoyable as any Tamiya kit usually is.

Thanks. I had actually considered weathering it - spattering some road dust to mask the flaws. Might do that yet!
Pierre Rivard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice Bill. I like the finish, it looks like a race car. Definitely one I'd want to build if I can find a kit.
Firefly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre Rivard wrote:
Really nice Bill. I like the finish, it looks like a race car. Definitely one I'd want to build if I can find a kit.

I see they are way more costly currently - probably out of production, but wondering if they will reissue it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: