Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zinc Yellows, green tint.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vdc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:32 am    Post subject: Zinc Yellows, green tint. Reply with quote

While searching for bright acid yellows, i seen this zinc yellow shade.
RAL 1018.

It can have a tint of green, like on this 2017 Toyota, which is called 'Dynamic Yellow'.

Or with less green as on this 2001 Mustang.

Toyota's Dynamic Yellow (a custom aerosol) i have just stripped off a car shell as it was too green when indoors. A waste of £14. Doh!

So must be careful with these tinted shades.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and some indoor lighting (fluorescent, I'm looking at YOU...) is very blue which will shift tints cooler (blue/green/violet).
Slipster17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2001 - > 2005 Ford yellow you have pictured there was alternatively know as both "Zinc" and "Egg-Yolk" Yellow. I had a 2001 Ford Focus in that color. No real fluorescence in that paint sadly - but was eye catching enough by itself. Wasn't pastel but wasn't really super saturated either - kind of lemony? Is that a descriptor? Hah!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: