Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1992 Rick Mast #1 Skoal Oldsmobile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:05 pm    Post subject: 1992 Rick Mast #1 Skoal Oldsmobile Reply with quote

Here's a build that's been a dream of mine and a long time coming...Rick Mast's 1992 car. Since there has never been a decent sheet for his car, I had to combine decals from six different sheets to make this car...the Majik Market decals were actually issued by JNJ in 1991. A copy of the JNJ sheet for his 1994 car donated his name, the 1992 contingencies came from the Powerslide Sunoco set, except for the DieHard and NASCAR logo which are both Slixx. The majority of the graphics came from a 1990 Terry Labonte sheet, but unfortunately the correct white 1 for the head and taillights from Rick's 1991-93 cars has never been made available on a decal sheet, so I had to use the incorrect black 1 for the back of the car. I also had to cut into a spare Powerslide Labonte sheet because the stripes are too short, good thing I bought 5 of them, just in case. This is the third different body I started attempting to make this car, going all the way back to 2005 or so. In fact, there are parts from at least three different kits on this car! I also had to polish the car- the white you see is Tamiya white primer, which I cleared and polished. It is only the second car I've ever polished.

Henryjint

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely finished!!!
Horrorshow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Mast was always a favourite of mine. Like the way you combined decal sheets and different kits to achieve your build. Lots of effort for this build.
lefty1820

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:10 am    Post subject: very nice Reply with quote

One of my favorite paint schemes right after the Snickers Ford.

You did it well!!
Shepard327

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic build!!!! one of my favorite era's as I was working as Mr.Goodwrench at a Pontiac,Oldsmobile,Aroura , GMC and Cadillac store. gotta love small towns. We just had a lot more to root for on Sunday. I was so sad that Rick had to quit due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
naskoalcar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job,Is the underside of the chassis red?
I like skoal cars, you don't believe me? Wink
lefty1820

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

Love it! Well done!

I always pulled for Rick to get a win in that car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: