Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3D scan / print help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1fozziebear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject: 3D scan / print help Reply with quote

Does anybody have a 3D scanner / printer set up? I am working with a decal maker in Belgium to make some 1980s-1990s SCCA Trans AM / IMSA decals and he doesn't have the bodies necessary but has access to a 3D printer. I need the Revell Camaro and Mustang bodies scanned if someone has the capability.

In response to the forth coming question, yes, I asked about 5 different folks / companies and nobody wanted to do it due to time, printing of white or small market for what is essential historic racing now-a-days.

Appreciate the look and any help.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 3D scanner alone will not create the data need to send to a 3D printer. The scanner can give you a starting point but it creates a solid block. You then need to apply a lot of work to get the body panels the correct thickness. Openings and details inside and out must be refines. The guys that have the talent to do the art needed to print a body often find it easier to start from scratch.
What bodies are you looking to create??? Resin may be eaiser and cheaper in the end.
1fozziebear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an easier way to get a body from US to Belgium for the guy doing the decals. I don't know the process, so definitely have to excuse my ignorance. Was hoping a quick scan was possible to create a printable file.

However if this all goes well, I'll get some decal options for those cool SCCA Revell bodies.

Might need a stateside printer.

MTF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: