Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ASA Racers. Alternative schemes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vdc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:13 am    Post subject: ASA Racers. Alternative schemes. Reply with quote

For the ASA fans.

What other sponsors were running Camaro's and T-Birds thirty five years ago?

Did Revell choose only the coolest schemes for their kits or were there others?

I have seen a Mark Martin tribiute on here, great looking car.
DPalmer4343

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There appear to be several really cool schemes that utilize existing NASCAR sheets (with some creativity). Here's an example

https://www.facebook.com/872734599425513/posts/new-set-dale-sr-asa-camaro-this-is-a-two-sheet-set-and-contains-markings-to-do-e/2637553022943653/

[/img]
Vdc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPalmer4343 wrote:
There appear to be several really cool schemes that utilize existing NASCAR sheets (with some creativity). Here's an example

https://www.facebook.com/872734599425513/posts/new-set-dale-sr-asa-camaro-this-is-a-two-sheet-set-and-contains-markings-to-do-e/2637553022943653/

[/img]

That sheet looks great, another Dale Sr car.
And also a member in here has built a yellow ASA TBird which looks really good.

I have been learning about the different race series over in the US, the ARCA cars are a great option too for my AMT Olds.
dewaltrace17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a specific driver/sponsor you're looking for? I've made a bunch of diecast customs of ASA cars. I've made customs of the following drivers, Mike Eddy, Mark Martin, Alan Kulwicki, Dick Trickle, Matt Kenseth, JR Hanley, Dale Earnhardt. You can check out what I've made on my facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/RadkesRacingReplicas
If there is a car that catches your eye let me know and I can get decals printed up for you if interested.
Vdc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dewaltrace17 wrote:
Is there a specific driver/sponsor you're looking for? I've made a bunch of diecast customs of ASA cars. I've made customs of the following drivers, Mike Eddy, Mark Martin, Alan Kulwicki, Dick Trickle, Matt Kenseth, JR Hanley, Dale Earnhardt. You can check out what I've made on my facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/RadkesRacingReplicas
If there is a car that catches your eye let me know and I can get decals printed up for you if interested.

Hi. Thanks for your link!

Am a Brit, so i know ASA due to the Revell kits, the actual racing history and terminology? Know nothing.

So, i have the Tom Jones #0 T-Bird to build, but its decals i dont trust.

So new replica decals OR the #0, but with a alternative sponsor scheme would be cool. (if that ever happened to the #0 car).
dewaltrace17

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't believe he ran a different scheme on a thunderbird body. He ran just about every manufacturer you could think of in his racing career.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: