Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone have a picture of this car from the bottom side

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:08 am    Post subject: Does anyone have a picture of this car from the bottom side Reply with quote

I used to have a picture of this car showing the bottom of it. I guess when it was on its side somebody snapped a picture of the bottom view of the car showing the gas tank, shocks and exhaust. If any of you all have that image I would greatly appreciate if you would post it here or hit me with a p.m. with it. Thank you.

Pierre Rivard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be this?

[url[/url]
Lionpride

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to derail, but when did they take glass windows out for good?
MarkJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre Rivard wrote:
Could it be this?

[url[/url]

Thats it Pierre. Thank you so much.
john843

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionpride wrote:
Not to derail, but when did they take glass windows out for good?

Off the top of my head, I want to say '70 or '71.

John
C5HM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The under car photo above is one taken of Fred Lorenzen's 63 Wood Brothers car at Riverside in the 63 Motor Trend 500...Not the Amick 62 rolled at Daytona. But...that said...there is probably little difference between the two cars' under carriage detail.
Glass rear windows were replaced with plexi in the NASCAR rules book after the Smokey Yunick prepped Pontiac Bobby Johns was driving had its back light sucked out at Daytona in one of the first Daytona 500s. Tempered OEM side glass remained in use for aero (usually at Daytona) until the middle of the 1970 season when it was outlawed by NASCAR.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C5HM wrote:
The under car photo above is one taken of Fred Lorenzen's 63 Wood Brothers car at Riverside in the 63 Motor Trend 500...Not the Amick 62 rolled at Daytona. But...that said...there is probably little difference between the two cars' under carriage detail.
Glass rear windows were replaced with plexi in the NASCAR rules book after the Smokey Yunick prepped Pontiac Bobby Johns was driving had its back light sucked out at Daytona in one of the first Daytona 500s. Tempered OEM side glass remained in use for aero (usually at Daytona) until the middle of the 1970 season when it was outlawed by NASCAR.

Thanks for clearing that up, Doc. Your wealth of knowledge is always appreciated. No wonder I was having trouble searching for the photo, I was putting in the wrong search parameters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: