Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marty Robbins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
48RyMckCa48

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject: Marty Robbins Reply with quote

Who makes or has decals for the Marty Robbins #22 Buick?

Thanks
48RyMckCa48

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject: Marty Robbins Reply with quote

All so need paint colors if anyone has them.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was this Buick campaigned?
jjsipes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poqerslide had made them. Maybe contact Mike to see if he has a set laying around.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/power-slide-decals-224-22-42-marty-robbins-buick-dodge--1217163
lefty1820

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'81 Buick Regal ?

MCW has his colors

https://mcwfinishes.com/racing-colors-reference

Marty Robbins #42 – 2130 purple, #2032 yellow
48RyMckCa48

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he never drove a Buick? I have a pic of a Buick, I have all ways thought he he drove a charger? Someone please let me know, I will order the colors Monday and see if mike has a set, last time I checked he didn’t have any
lefty1820

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per
http://bench-racing.blogspot.com/2017/08/august-22-1982-champion-spark-plug-400.html

Country singer Marty Robbins attempted to make his first Michigan start in three years. He could not, however, muster enough speed. His qualifying lap ranked 37th for a race that only slotted 36 cars. Two other drivers - Al Loquasto and Ronnie Thomas - had qualifying speeds slower than Robbins. They earned provisional starts over Robbins based on higher ranking owners' points.

Marty returned to start one more race in his #22 purple and yellow, self-sponsored Buick, the Atlanta Journal 500 in November, before sadly passing away from a heart attack in December.

48RyMckCa48

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject: Marty Robbins Reply with quote

Thank for the help, paint and decals are ordered.
On the Bench: Marty Robbins Buick, 4 Saturday Night Stockers, #88 Crisco Car, AH-60L Dap Black Hawk Helicopter, Millennium Falcon. THATS ENOUGH!!!!
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they corrected their paint. I ordered some about 10-12 years ago, the magenta was too dark and the yellow wasn't fluorescent in what they sent me.
48RyMckCa48

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:10 pm    Post subject: Marty Robbins Reply with quote

I found the colors on MCW painted the car and the front of the car broke at the weel well and it was junk so round two I have a new donor car and redoing it. This time I can see where my mistake were and can correct them, so its back in the works.

thanks.
On the Bench: Marty Robbins Buick, 4 Saturday Night Stockers, #88 Crisco Car, AH-60L Dap Black Hawk Helicopter, Millennium Falcon. THATS ENOUGH!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: