Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Polar Lights Charger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hurricane21

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject: Polar Lights Charger Reply with quote

I’m building my first ever Polar Lights Charger and something doesn’t look right on the rear end. Is there supposed to be a piece under the chrome bumper? The Salvinos Chargers have a thin plastic strip that goes down there but I don’t see anything in the instructions here. A piece came on the tree that doesn’t quite fit right but looks similar to what it should be is included. Am I missing something?
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have to make your own from some Evergreen styrene sheet material. Hobby Lobby now sells it, at least where I live.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I built mine a while back it had a rear splash pan. IIRC it took a little fitting to look good.
If you are not past the paint stage sand the top of the front fenders a bit, they are to proud. Also move the front grille up too.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
When I built mine a while back it had a rear splash pan. IIRC it took a little fitting to look good.
If you are not past the paint stage sand the top of the front fenders a bit, they are to proud. Also move the front grille up too.

Looks awesome, Dave. I'd like to see more of that model The paint really pops.
hurricane21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan 'If you are not past the paint stage sand the top of the front fenders a bit, they are to proud. Also move the front grille up too"

I noticed the top of the fender didn't look right so I took it down some. At an angle it looked like it flared out at the top; I figured it was a product of the molding or something. How did you raise the grill?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is flash and excess plastic on the underside of the fender tops. Hard to explain but where the top of the grille hits the overhang of fenders.....clean that area. It's only 1/32 to 1/16 but helps the look. A fair amount of fit and sanding.
hurricane21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan: I see what you’re saying about the front grill and where to trim. Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it.
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:

Where did you get the Decals?
Bob in BC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild Bill..

Think they might have been Cherry Run Models?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild Bill 2 wrote:
DaveVan wrote:

Where did you get the Decals?

Those are my own PENNGWEN decals. Not in production right now but if a lot of people want them I may. Thx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: