Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fixing the Salvino's 2 + 2 body thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject: Fixing the Salvino's 2 + 2 body thread Reply with quote

Put all your tips and tricks here for making the 2 +2 body more realistic.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The roof is .040" too low in the center, when measured with calipers from the bottom of the rockers to the inside of the roof at the B post. This is when compared to the other original Monogram G bodies. So it needs the same cut through the B post and into the C post area as I showed in my post for fixing the LeMans body. Then insert a .040x.040 styrene strip along the entire upper window opening and through the B post cut to give the center of the roof some height and curvature.

The rear bumper attachment is screwed up, if you attach it to the body as-molded it ends up looking like Tuna the Chiweenie:

I attach it so that it aligns with the taillight panel/trunk edge then I use the extra flat nose GP nose piece to cut fillers for the gap between the body and bumper. It's tough to scratchbuild that due to all the contour features there but the nose piece has those exact features, you just need to tweak the curvature of the piece you cut out. I just bend them with pliers, glue them in, and do the putty and sand thing.
Toys4Don

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI. Salvinos is in the process of producing an updated rear bumper for the 2&2. Should be available soon.
Joe Oteri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know my method is extreme since you need another body...but the real 2+2's were converted GP's, so it's worth a consideration instead of hacking apart 65% of their body when the Monogram piece is a great base.

http://randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/viewtopic.php?t=3112

https://public.fotki.com/AAJOTERI/joes_models-1/nascar_models/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: